• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital VS Inkjet

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Inkjet is a form of digital printing. So is thermal resin, dye sublimation and others that don't utilize an inkjet to apply the image.

Inkjet can be categorized as solvent, ecosolvent, UV cured, latex, aqueous and others.

My bad I was meaning thermal transfer. I'm doing research trying to find out what type of print technology would be best for my small shop. I'm not doing high volumes it's mostly corrugated plastic signs, banners and decals.My budget is about 10,000 and this would be my first printer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Making comparisons with things you aren't very familiar with isn't gonna get you too far. You'll be just as confused as when you started.

I would suggest for whatever printing needs you might have..... find a shop near you or one of the Merchant Members here and see if they can fulfill your orders. After doing that and learning the tricks of the trade with software and what looks good on one printer vs. someone else's printer, then you could start looking around for your own.

Get some real experience under your belt before you do something foolish with 10 grand.

Mosh

$10,000? That is funny... A laminator will be $3k, printer $17k and up....then all the media you will need.

thanks to everyone who took their time attention and consideration to comment on this post the information that i received here is priceless.Got alot of work to do.

Letterbox Mike

I have to agree with Gino and others, $10k isn't much of a budget. Put that $10k into advertising and marketing your services, including digital printing, and build your business up to the point that you can afford AND justify good equipment that won't strand you. And in the mean time, outsource your printing.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that having "X" equipment will bring you work. Invest in building your business and the work will come, and then invest in the equipment. Buying equipment thinking it will grow your business will have the opposite effect. $10k invested in good marketing will transform your business and do wonders, $10k invested in used or sub-par equipment will do nothing for you.