• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digitl ink from the UK

CropMarks

Has anyone ever tried the 3rd party brand ink... digitl ink from the UK? I did a search on this site and it turned up one thing and the person said they have been using them for 6 months... not if they are good or bad.... if they've gummed up their printheads or not.

We have a local supplier in Michigan selling them who says they are the bee's knees. Any input? Thanks!

Rising

Im from the UK, not heard of the company myself, but having said that I am not interested in third party inks. Maybe if I had a half beat up printer I would consider using non genuine, but we run a Mimaki JV33 and love its output quality.

I would not want to risk
- colour fastness
- Killing my machine
- UV longevity ( an ex print supplier used 3rd party inks on his JV3 it was poor in my opinion)

Not much help on your original question, just my opinion.

Steve

CropMarks

I did talk to one local shop that has been using this type of ink for the past 5 months with no issues. Anyone else?

badouali

I am also seriously thinking of using them. I have a friend of mine who have a Roland and has been using them for 6months now and the colour output is excellent and no problems with the machine.

CropMarks

I did end up giving the ink a shot. It's the first time I've been excited about trying to run out of ink. But... I got down to about 5% on two colors and my head board had to be sent out to be fixed. pretty cost effective... a 1ltr bottle costs $110

motorola424

I don't personally have a printer, but I have a friend in Idaho and also in Flint MI that use them and said they were matched to OEM very well. One of them uses a Mimaki jv3 160, and the other has 2 Rolands(not sure the models)

speedmedia

I am using them. I like them. Been about 4 months. So far so good. Color is good, no problems. They are very aggressive.

Only complaint to this point is the smell is horrid. They are very strong make sure you have ventilation.

Thanks,
kurt

CropMarks

Since we are a smaller building, we do have a vent that goes outdoors but no fan that is hooked up to it. Even with Roland brand inks it gets a little stinky... I'm pretty sure that it's time to try and hook up some kind of a fan to it.

OldInk

I am also investigating Digitl ink for a JV3-130 and would really like to hear more info from people about it. My main reservations about switching are damage to the printer, of course, and how well it holds up outdoors compated to the OEM ink.

We switched from OEM ink to Lyson about a year ago with good results, and cost savings but Digitl could save more, possibly.

l0stmykeys

we also use these at my shop 440cc cartridges are about 70$ which you cant beat on price.

i asked why they are so cheap when i first bought them to find out its a company that just reverse engineered the formula for roland ink its the same thing they told me without the name, and if i have learned anything its that just because it has a name brand behind it doesnt mean its better.....

that has been proven over the last year of printing 10-14 hrs a day on a sp-540v and a sp-300v

i save the chips off the cartridges before i pitch them....lol i have 56 of them since i switched over and no problems with either machine.

richdistinc.com is where i get them and they require me to buy atleast 300$ worth to get the special pricing but when you have 2 machines and have to wait on shipping it is much easier to just order a second set for both printers everytime..

Gabriel

Nazdar-Lyson

In UK you have Nazdar-Lyson inks. I now that those are pretty good inks. In Romania those inks are very appreciated. As a technician, I recommend those inks for a long lasting, problems free printer. You also don't need new ICC profiles for that ink. It's like the OEM.
On the other hand, there are a lot of very good third party inks Bordeaux(Israel), Sunmicro Inks(South Korea) a.s.o.
The most important thing when you use third party inks, is that you really have to take care of your printer (perform maintenance procedure more often). If you do that, then everything will be just fine for a long period of time.
I was working with so many types of inks: Fillink, Triangle, Lyson, Bordeaux, Lava Ink, Sunmicro Ink. From all of them, the best choice seems to be Nazadar-Lyson Inks.
Thank you!

Last edited: