• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional Help

dlndesign

I have a customer that would like something like what I am attaching in the sample. They have a four piece logo and they want to have there name stacked. I have seen in Gemini that this would be possibly a combonation of Bottom Stud and possibly a rail installation. My main question is, has anyone on here done something like this? If so i'd really love to see a sample of the work, so I can best plan my attack on this one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 124

dlndesign

Ok, just got off the phone with Gemini, they suggested a plexi cut to the same shape and mounted. So I would get the effect the customer is looking for (floating) But my concern lies in the mounting and Install of the sign. I've already proposed these questions to them, but I am still looking for some feedback.

Thanks.

J Hill Designs

I was thinking a clear plex backer too - with a 90deg bend on the bottom to mount it to the awning thingy (technical term)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If this is exterior, plex will look like crap after a while...

I have done long stud mounting, but it's a pain in the butt.

Letters are looking a little small, Have you tried superimposing this on a photo to see if the lettering gets lost in the background?

Another thing you might try is a perforated metal... either squares or radius holes as a backer. Or a metal with a color/pattern combination. Pin the logotype and logo off the backer... Are you doing any illumination? Uplighting can make that pop at night if it needs illumination

dlndesign

Rick, no not illuminated, but a good idea to give to them. Also, I like the perf metal option as well. I'll propose both. I have not been to the site yet, just getting a ballpark idea of what this is going to include on my end.

i have done MANY on perf and it is one of my favorite looks if it is the style the customer is after. i have one that is similar to this that are 1" colored acrylic letters that are inset on 3/4" clear acrylic (routed the letters into the 3/4" clear and then inserted the letters 1/2" that has been outdoors exposed going on 6yrs now with zero maintenance and still looks very acceptable...the client initially said the sign would only be in place for 6 - 9 months...but it is still looking good.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can try MOZ metals for perforated materials... they also have perforated with corrugation. If yoo do call them, make sure they know it's an exterior application.

http://www.mozdesigns.com/

You should also google it, there are probably hundreds or metal suppliers in SoCal that have perf metal in stock. You can fabricated a frame and attachment and bolt that thing in one piece...

Again.. whatever you do, I would do a photo rendering to make sure the lettering does not get lot in the background.