• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional Letters Outside - Thickness/Material?

TimToad

I found this advertisement in our weekly newspaper for a housing development and they included the monument sign in the ad. This really illustrates the point I was trying to make about excessive standoff on your letters. Especially thin stroked letters. These are spaced so far off the wall, you can practically see the entire stud.

The logo is actually half decent and woukd gave made a nice presentation, but the sign vendor butchered it horribly.

Attachments

• 20190817_185022.jpg
    20190817_185022.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
  • 20190817_185049.jpg
    20190817_185049.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 177

equippaint

I must be a heathen... I just add a drop shadow or perspective to Flexi and go with it. I have a Gemini sample box that has the physical letters and let my customer pick which one they like.
What the holy hell....unacceptable Tex - You're Fired! Take that beat up box with you too

Andy D

Good Info, thanks.
One more question, would you offer 1/2" PVC (aka Sintra) outside?
All of the strokes are thick and the letter sizes are 6" - 9"

upload_2019-8-19_9-12-45.png

rossmosh

Buy exterior grade PVC and you're good to go. Based on how beefy those letters are, going with 3/4" PVC would have it's benefits for not much more money.

fixtureman

I have installed 25 mm PVC letters on a fire department memorial and they are holding up just fine. I will be doing the same at the new fire department down the road. These are free to them from me. I cut and install most of their signs as it is a volunteer fire department.