• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional Sign before and after in the works

SignManiac

Getting close to install time on this one. Just finished the crown molding for the top. After paint, it will be going up in the next few days.

This is a re-design, retrofit from an existing sign. You can see This is a re-design, retrofit from an existing sign. You can see the original and then my redo. And here in the final stages of completion.

Attachments

• Southern Comfort-01.jpg
    Southern Comfort-01.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Southern Comfort-02.jpg
    Southern Comfort-02.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Southern Comfort-03.JPG
    Southern Comfort-03.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Southern Comfort-04.JPG
    Southern Comfort-04.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 78

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice work, did you try to upsell them some tornado insurance on the sign?

wayne k
guam usa

John L

Very nice. What material did you use for the Cornice detail? Is there a "roof" piece to close off the top in some way?

Well done, love it.

SignManiac

All the materials are PVC, even the cove molding I used for the roof top crown. I used azek frontier board for the columns that box in the old PT posts. This particular client is one of my best regulars that uses me for all of his thirty or more parks he owns. They never ask how much, just make it nice!

The only stipulation, must use their color scheme of orange, green, and ivory. Used with a little imagination, it's not that bad.

Dave Drane

Very nice. If I can say one thing tho, that I would do differently is knock that tail off the "s" in Resales. It is only needed if connecting to another letter.

SignManiac

Thank you fellow sign crafter peoples :) Dan, I wasn't aware that you were aware of my work that long ago? Cool, and thanks. Dave, great observation, Now that you mention the tail on the S, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I'll have to see if I can lop that off without too much trouble.

I just want to add that before and afters are one of my favorite challenges. Because the end result is often so drastic, and a great way to illustrate how good design can benefit the client..

JR's

SignManiac, what do you use to glue the peaces together, or do you use screws.

Thanks
JR

SignManiac

JR, I use both adhesives and screws. Added insurance against failure. PVC cement is sometimes used as it welds the plastic together. A lot of times, I use PL construction adhesive and then screws that are cleverly hidden behind panels or plugged and filled. Nothing worse than running screws through the face of a beautiful sign. I try to always use blind installs.