• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional sign

SignManiac

This is leaving here in the hour to be installed. It's 7'h. x 5'w. and will be the centerpiece on a 8'h. x 60'w. wall mural. I was given a flat 2-D drawing and turned it into a 3D piece.

I really enjoyed putting this one together.

Attachments

• Bill-01.JPG
    Bill-01.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Bill-02.JPG
    Bill-02.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Bill-03.jpg
    Bill-03.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Dave, a combo of PVC except for the 2" return on the sides. That was cut from scrap HDU drop cuts so the sign is really an 1"thick but looks 3".

The finish is gloss oil base Rustoleum.

SignManiac

Yes Heath, another company provided the digital wallpaper and installation. I was contracted to do the dimensional portion of their logo and install only.

SignManiac

Okay so the guys got back from the install yesterday, and as I should have anticipated, Murphy was riding their asses all day. What should have been at most a half hour install, turned into three hours.

It seems that whoever constructed the free standing wall, decided to use horizontal studs behind the sheet rock. Never in my thirty-six years of installing wall signs, have I run into this before.

So, our hanging cleat had to be in a very precise position and there was nothing behind the sheet rock that was solid enough to anchor it to. My guys ended up running around Tampa looking for those springs loaded butterfly wing mollies. Sounds simple, pull out the handy smart phone and find a nearby Home Depot. Get there to discover its a distribution center. Drive all the way across the other side to find a box store open to the public. They eventually located to mollies and attached the cleat. They were strong enough to handle the heavy weight of this piece.

So even when you don't anticipate problems, they will always still rear their ugly head. I hate this business sometimes.

Attachments

• Bill Currie Ford.jpg
    Bill Currie Ford.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 100

skyhigh

I realize you didn't do the print, but thought you may have caught that.

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 96

SignManiac

Damn, great eyes. I never saw that either. It's not in the print. I use snag-it for my print screen shots and the hand is usually outside the area being cropped but occasionally, I don't look that close and it ends up being captured :)