• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct cut using HP Flexi Premium Edition

willkho

Hi all,

Have a question here.
I just purchased a new HP latex and it came with flexi (the distributor upgraded it to premium one so it can do print and cut).
I managed to do print and cut just fine.
However, I got difficulty doing direct cut to cut colored vinyl.
Flexi always want to find registration mark or OPOS barcode.

I can use my summa winplot to do that only if I turn off flexi software. Otherwise, it won't work. I think it's because the cutter is being taken over by flexi.

This is quite annoying, it means I can't do direct cut while I'm printing.
One thing I notice, the cut contour option/button is always grey out.

Any solutions?

many thanks in advance.
Will

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Hi all,

Have a question here.
I just purchased a new HP latex and it came with flexi (the distributor upgraded it to premium one so it can do print and cut).
I managed to do print and cut just fine.
However, I got difficulty doing direct cut to cut colored vinyl.
Flexi always want to find registration mark or OPOS barcode.

I can use my summa winplot to do that only if I turn off flexi software. Otherwise, it won't work. I think it's because the cutter is being taken over by flexi.

This is quite annoying, it means I can't do direct cut while I'm printing.
One thing I notice, the cut contour option/button is always grey out.

Any solutions?

many thanks in advance.
Will
Edit: Deleted Comment

Last edited:

bannertime

There are multiple ways to cut vinyl in Flexi, the only true way to cut regular cut vinyl is by using the Cut/Plot option. It's a single blade icon. No printer and no color bar. Just a blade. If you have that, then you should be able to send the plot commands without telling it to look for anything. If that's what you've been doing and it still wants to look for the marks, there might be an additional setting either on the machine or in the plotter driver telling it to always look for marks. I'm not familiar with Summa, so someone else will have to help on that part.

mattc5900

You should be able to just send the cut file. No registration marks are needed because you don't have anything printed that would need to be registered.. Hope that makes since.. Just click on the cut/plot instead of the rip & print inside Flexi.. Holler is you have questions. I use a HP360 and Graphtec plotter.

GeorgiaLemon

I ran into the same issue, HP/Grimco went so far as to replace the board on my Summa/"HP" Cutter. That didn't fix the issue. Some jobs would work just fine, others wouldn't. After several hours of tech support and remoting-in with some guy in Egypt (HP upper level support, or so I was told), we discovered that when the HP/Flexi stuff was installed, the Flexi and "HP Cutter Control" were causing a conflict. The HP Cutter Control wasn't supposed to be opened/utilized. So where the tech support was having me turn the print/cut server on and off again, Flexi doesn't utilize or recognize HP Cutter Control as the intermediary between Flexi and the Cutter.

Stopped HP Cutter Control from launching on computer startup, made sure no files/archives were pointing to HP Cutter Control, and we haven't had the issue since.

Hope that helps.

DP