• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct Print to Acrylic - Volume

sbergman

Do you guys have a flatbed application? We'd print on clear, laminate it with white...then apply it to the acyrlic. I've never liked how our FB500 printed on acyrlic... It's also pretty slow, especially when printing white. If you print on a full sheet, you will likely have some ink chipping... And if you print 1 by 1, there isnt really a way to not print on the belt -

I'm thinking if you have a application table, itd be faster to apply 200 pieces of vinyl than it is to print photos on acyrlic, then have a second pass printing white... The FB 550 is so slow. And it'd be more durable / look better

Unfortunately we don't have an application table. We only have a roll laminator. I have seen the roll applicators at the tradeshow and thought about purchasing, but they take-up so much space! We have finished 50+ of the 82 boards we need to print and cut and the process seems to be working well (no chips). About an hour per board to print (FB550 with white flood) and up to an hour for cutting (includes diamond pass), but the product looks good.