• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

direct to material sublimation print for jerseys

artofacks1

Thinking if expanding our business into the uniform business. Can you guys recommend a solid printer that I can print to material, die cut, than sew?

BESTBLANKS

Sublimation Printing on uniforms and other products

Thinking if expanding our business into the uniform business. Can you guys recommend a solid printer that I can print to material, die cut, than sew?

Hi, Perhaps we can help. We are a premier sublimation wholesale supplier and we carry everything you need for sublimation.
Please see this page for information on sublimation printers and all related products: http://www.bestblanks.com/sublimation.html

We are glad to help you! Please feel free to call us at 1-888-431-7385 or 1-954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!

www.BestBlanks.com

Dennis422

I do not believe that there is a sublimation printer on the market that prints directly on the shirt.
You have to print on a sublimation paper and then transfer it to the shirt (poly material) with a heat press.

Bretbyron

Mimaki makes a direct to fabric sublimation printer. Still going to need a rotary heat press or Max press. Edging, taping, sewing machines and a seamstress. "Cut and Sew" is usually hand cut with scissors or fabric cutter unless you have some sort of flatbed laser. I'm pretty sure I've seen older Mimaki's w/ rotary heat presses attached to the front of them.

http://www.rasmart.co.uk/mimaki-wide-format-digital-textile-printing-equipment/

There are a few videos of it and the many ways to do it on youtube: "Cut and Sew" or "All Over Print Sublimation"

That should set you back about $50K.. I bought a Graphics one system a couple years ago. Printer and 30x40 heat press. It printed and pressed what i wanted as long as I didn't want 2xl or large shirts.
Finding some one to sew them is another night mare.. They wanted $25-$50.00 to sew the shirts together. I could buy them in china for less than $30.00 and not have to do anything...
Just my 2 cents worth.. It's a tough business to try to get into...

artofacks1

Thanks for your feedback.

Right now we are very happy being a part of the helmet decal business. However, I do have a lot of clients that ask about uniforms.

I have thought of farming out the jersey work as well. I just havent found a reliable person that will play ball with solid quality at the right price so it makes sense to even offer it.

What is your location, maybe we can talk about you provding the jerseys.

That should set you back about $50K.. I bought a Graphics one system a couple years ago. Printer and 30x40 heat press. It printed and pressed what i wanted as long as I didn't want 2xl or large shirts.
Finding some one to sew them is another night mare.. They wanted $25-$50.00 to sew the shirts together. I could buy them in china for less than $30.00 and not have to do anything...
Just my 2 cents worth.. It's a tough business to try to get into...

artofacks1

Thanks for your feedback.

Right now we are very happy being a part of the helmet decal business. However, I do have a lot of clients that ask about uniforms.

I have thought of farming out the jersey work as well. I just havent found a reliable person that will play ball with solid quality at the right price so it makes sense to even offer it.

What is your location, maybe we can talk about you provding the jerseys.

I'm even considering starting off small with sublimation and just offer small items like socks. Maybe I can get a smaller machine with less overhead to get into it. At the end of the day Helmet sports decals is my main niche.