• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct to vehicle printer

letterman7

In addition, printed graphics is easily removed with acetone without body damage, and rewriting is also easy.
Uh, no. Especially if there is overspray on plastic pieces. Neat stuff, but how many people want to have their vehicles as test subjects?

shakey0818

I would use mine as a test subject then set up my power washer with a whirly bird tip and let it blast away for a few days straight.

Locals Find!

at 2:28 into the video they briefly show someone removing the print from the bus. I just can't tell if he is sanding it off or just buffing it off. Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can figure it out and let me know.

There was a company trying to sell me something almost identical to that when I opened my shop 14 years ago. That salesman and the Van Ladder salesman would call me at least once a week.

tiredcreations

If their website is any indication of the quality of their equipment, I mean... not that I got it all figured out... just sayin.

daveb

General Know-it-all
There was a company trying to sell me something almost identical to that when I opened my shop 14 years ago. That salesman and the Van Ladder salesman would call me at least once a week.
Yeah, this has been around for several years. If I remember correctly it was an American inventor, maybe he sold it to the Chinese and made a ton of money for a really neat concept that just isn't practical. Practical application of this idea would require something like a huge 3-D router septup, 3-D scan the vehicle, etc. It would cost a ton of money, maybe several ton.:rolleyes:

artbot

everyone knows the future is programmable graphics. this is about 10 years too late. that said, it took some really smart dudes to get this thing to work.

mark galoob

i hear you all doggin this piece of equipment now...but with they way computers are able to map 3d objects nowdays...this sort of thing is gonna put wrap shops out of business...someday...

markgaloob

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I saw that at Sign World in A/C 7-10 years ago. It's been around for a while.
For a complex piece of equipment their website sure is lame... :rolleyes: