• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Directional Vinyl

travroy

When using a metallic vinyl which is directional, where the hood is wider than the material width, which direction do you run the vinyl? Hood on jeep is 64" at widest point' plus it's rounded to the side panels. If the direction of the vinyl on the sides runs horizontal, do you run the direction on the hood front to back, which would require a seem on either side of the hood or center, or do you run the direction side to side to accommodate the width disregarding how it may look where it meets the sides?

edspecR

I would try to stretch the vinyl 4 inches, but if it doesn't work you can use knifeless tape and do overlays on both sides following the hood lines.

x2, seems (no pun intended!) like you can run two overlays on the hood each side where its rounded toward the side panels + a center section all in same direction