• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dirt Car Wrap

xtreme872

I have some wraps we will be printing for late model dirt race cars... Just curious whats the best material on these... We usually use 3M IJ180CV3 but is this Necessary being the car gets beat up and the wrap may get replaced several times in a year?

cajunaviator

Since it will get banged up, I would go the cheaper route and use the Arlon 6000 with the matching laminate. I wrapped a tailgate with that stuff recently and it is not that bad to work with. The adhesive is a bit more aggressive than the 180, but then again that might be a plus in your case.

We use Oracal 3165RA with 210 laminate for Dirt Late Models. They are slab bodys so there are no curves to go over and the thicker vinyl and laminate olds up pretty well. I have a couple of cars that are on there second year with the same wrap on them. There is no reason to use cast vinyl on these cars.

AllSquare Jason

Arlon 4560GTX/MTX Print w/ Arlon 3420 Gloss Lam - quality calendered combo w/ air egress technology for around .60 a sq on the combo.

Cast Vinyl is overkill :wink:.