• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dirt late model skins

rzr2rocket

Does anyone know where I can find a program or dirt late model skins and the instuction on how to do it? Customers are asking me to design a car ( mostly dirt late models ) so they can see what it looks like. All I can do is draw a rectangle to simullate the side of a car and put the graphics on there. I've seen these skins so people can design them and race their cars on games like dirtfactor. I have attached a sample. Thanks.

Attachments

• newxxc.jpg
    newxxc.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 572

Mosh

Imca has a outline of a late model on their web site. It is has all the measurements on it.
We downloaded it and use it for layouts.

They also have one on there for mods.

rzr2rocket

Do you have to pay for the 3d Studio max? Can you send the correct link?
So you download a template or create one (all sides of car) Then put your designs on it. Save it as an EPS and the render it to 3d studio max? Is this correct? Sorry for being so slow at this but I just need some help, because my customers are asking for this option and this has me totally clueless.

p3

its not 3ds. Its Rfactor. Then you download the dirfactor. All kinds of people do this.

cptcorn

adad
Do you have to pay for the 3d Studio max? Can you send the correct link?
So you download a template or create one (all sides of car) Then put your designs on it. Save it as an EPS and the render it to 3d studio max? Is this correct? Sorry for being so slow at this but I just need some help, because my customers are asking for this option and this has me totally clueless.
Yes, and it's expensive. I have no links. You save it as a 3dsmax texture file using a plug-in from Photoshop.
its not 3ds. Its Rfactor. Then you download the dirfactor. All kinds of people do this.
This information is wrong. The image he provided in his post is from 3d Studio Max. rFactor is a racing simulation "game" . There are a few dirt late model modifications for it. You paint in a template file and export it as 3d object texture from Photoshop and load it into the game.

54warrior

cptcorn is correct on all accounts. you can get 3d shots of the cars from the rFactor game, but they are not the same quality as a 3D Studio Max Render.

K Chez

There is a free 3D rendering program called Blender, the thing is you'll need a 3D base model of the car for that program.

GARY CULY

this is HIP down here in hagerstown...you just need a set of exact templetes for them.i have all of them here. ...rocket ,mastersbilt,rayburn,grt,bloomquist...they are all a bit different but you can use just one and adjust the heights and wheel holes from car to car if you just do a few a year....yes, you actually "print" a big square ,but you need a real size wireframe to locate all the ads,numbers,etc
email HIPEMPIRE@LIVE.COM for anything further ..think ill get yelled at telling people on here i have something you need .please excuse administrators as i honestly not sure if im allowed to direct someone to me[im not advertising or not trying to].....good luck theres a million people trying to letter dirt cars nowdays,,unless you want to just feed your ego ,theres no money in it....fair warning....i went from 225+ a year down to less than 100 in 2 years....itll get worse as long as people want work for free and give away there skills.
go to hipsticker.com see if what i have is what you need.

design layout

If your just using the template to show a customer a design layout just make a universal template. i found making renders on 3d max took way too long for them to tell me move this sponsor from the door to the filler panel and so on. I made these on paint before i started doing vinyl, but you can make a much better looking one in your sign program. you can even make it to where the colors exactly match the aluminum pieces on the real body. i used these ones up till last year and worked great. hope this helps.

Attachments

• markham08.jpg
    markham08.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 448
  • bowman Brad 09.jpg
    bowman Brad 09.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 288

Mosh

We cut and bend the body panels are well as letter/wrap them. This gives us an edge over the guy who just got him a cutter to letter race cars.

SqueeGee

itll get worse as long as people want work for free and give away there skills.

It's hard to beat free, huh, Hip? We used to focus quite a bit of our business on race cars but sadly, I can't give them away either. We now do less than 10 a year. I thought maybe it was just me but I guess not.