Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question dirtbike graphics

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Motox917, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Motox917

Motox917 New Member

May 4, 2018
    Barnesville
    Any info on motocross graphics! Is there a print cut laminate machine out there that would be ideal for this. (Cost is not a factor) also the best or latest software for designing and templates... I have 5 grandboys, they all race...would love to start making our own. Any info would be appreciated!! thanks #917

2. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    You would really invest ~$30k just to start doing that? Not to even talk about starting from zero if you are asking about design software...

Hardware for example HP L365 + Summa S2T + Good laminator.

3. Motox917

Motox917 New Member

May 4, 2018
    Barnesville
    we also have a small chain of restaurants that we could justify keeping some of our advertising budget in house by producing banners/signs etc..

4. Motox917

Motox917 New Member

May 4, 2018
    Barnesville
    Thank you for that info! I'll start digging in!

5. victor bogdanov

victor bogdanov Member

Aug 29, 2020
    TEXAS
    I have a friend that is trying to sell MX graphics and Ill be printing for him. Search for MX templates, there is a site that sells templates for any bike you can think of. Buy template, design in adobe illustrator and it would be much easier to have someone else print it instead of you learning how to print and laminate from scratch. Convexvinyl makes a vinyl and laminate specifically for motorbikes, Ill be giving it a try soon.

You are probably looking at a minimum of 10k-20k to get started in printing with each bike still costing you $100+ to make vs paying someone else $200 to print for you.

I would suggest a print/cut machine for you are trying to do, even something like the roland BN 20 would work depending how wide the largest graphic would be. (you can cut wide rolls of material with a compound miter saw to fit a smaller printer, I cut 60" rolls in half all the time)

6. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    For designing of any shapes (stickers, graphics, e.t.c.) is never be problem in case you have graphic design skills.
    I have an experience to do bike decals for Taiwan's bike production company they was accept any print ready vector or bitmap files.
    I agree with all advise an above regarding equipment. Even you not so sensitive for high budget for this startup you can way faster achieve the final result in case you will print/cut your stickers an outsource.

7. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Substance Incorporated makes the best vinyl/laminate combos for low energy plastics

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds incomplete for me. Can you send me some brochure or website with detailed information?

9. easystickerco

easystickerco New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    For printer, consider the Epson S80. Awesome wide color gamma ink set to hit those hard hit MX colors

• Like Like x 1
  10. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    Summa S2T LMAO

11. Motox917

Motox917 New Member

May 4, 2018
    Barnesville
    Does anyone have any info ..good or bad on the mimaki cjv 150 160 ?? looks like it could be good for motocross graphics..print and cut....still need a laminator i believe for the 14-16 mill clear laminate....looks like its 1111 grand...Thanks in advance...

12. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Why not consider staying in your current business and making a deal with a professional sign company to get a good price and just sell them. It might be less headache.

13. Motox917

Motox917 New Member

May 4, 2018
    Barnesville
    I am 50 years old. retired 10 years ago. Have 3 businesses that do well. I'm looking to do something that I think I would enjoy doing, not for making money, just for fun. Usually before I spend say more than 10k I like to do a little research on the product. I appreciate any feedback ! Oh...and in my area its like pulling teeth to get any signs made. (one hour south of Atlanta)

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    The best hint Is go on youtube and follow the Cricket system, since you want to do it for fun. They have tons if reviews and training fir free. Good luck.