• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dirty yellow (SP-540V)

Goatshaver

I'm not sure but I don't remember the yellow being dirty like this. Could this be a sign for damper replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_165757.jpg
    IMG_20190222_165757.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 298

player

Has the yellow sucked up some magenta? Common with the shared head. Maybe time for a new cap. Also be sure machine is level. I heard if one cartridge is full and the other near empty it can cause the ink to be sucked back. Do a regular clean until it prints clear, or just print big bars of yellow until it comes clean.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Cap tops, clogged/dirty pump lines or pumps going bad can all cause this. I think dampers can possibly cause it also but from my experience it is usually a from the cap tops down issue.

Goatshaver

Has the yellow sucked up some magenta? Common with the shared head. Maybe time for a new cap. Also be sure machine is level. I heard if one cartridge is full and the other near empty it can cause the ink to be sucked back. Do a regular clean until it prints clear, or just print big bars of yellow until it comes clean.

Yeah I did have that happen when the magenta was low after replacing it I still got the same result on the test print.

Cap tops, clogged/dirty pump lines or pumps going bad can all cause this. I think dampers can possibly cause it also but from my experience it is usually a from the cap tops down issue.

Thanks! Do you know of any good resources for doing maintenance on these things? I've got the service manual but still like to know as much as possible before going in. Thanks!

jadrewitz

I had that happen to me on a SP-300v. I let the yellow run to low, didn't heed the warnings! So yellow starting printing magenta as well. I turned off the printer with the heads parked and removed the cover that allows access to the pump and lines. Disconnect the magenta/yellow line from the "Y" going to the pump. use a syringe and carefully and very slowly pull ink through the head. Pull just a tiny tiny amount. put it back together, run a medium or powerful cleaning and test print. Hopefully it got better. If need be repeat or run another cleaning and check if it's improved. Good Luck!!