• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disable 1 print head - Roland XR-640 Soljet Pro 4

ANewBeat

I'm wondering if there is a way to print using only 1 of the 2 print heads (A & B) on our XR-640. We've got a bad head (B) and are working on budgets to get it replaced, but it would be really awesome if we could limp along on 1 head for the time being. We can do this on our Epson S80600. I've scoured the interwebs, but I am not finding this info. Can anyone help?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The XR-640 doesn't have the option of doing this, like the Epson does. Once you decide to replace the head, I offer phone support for this printer and have done several head replacements this way.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Kind of sucks that Roland won't do that, Even Mimaki allows you to set which print head/ heads you want to use, but it's software controlled in Rasterlink. Had to do that once too while waiting for a head. Printed slooowww, but got jobs out instead of being down.

ANewBeat

The XR-640 doesn't have the option of doing this, like the Epson does. Once you decide to replace the head, I offer phone support for this printer and have done several head replacements this way.
Ugh...that's a bummer. We've got a fantastic local tech that has done all our repairs and service since we've had this machine, but I'll keep you in mind for when he retires.