Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable jv3 chip

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by fabio777, Jul 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fabio777

fabio777 New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

I'm assuming you are talking about the ink cartridge chips. You cannot disable them. Your only option is to get disposable chips (what comes on new ink cartridges) or buy a set of permanent chips which can be reset by removing and re-inserting the cartridge and/or powering the printer off and back on.

3. fabio777

fabio777 New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I know that with some version of the firmware you can disable it by changing a parameter.

4. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

I think I do recall having seen that but it's only on very old versions of the firmware. I think prior to version 4. The only catch with that - the newer versions of the firmware (the final is 7.7) fix issues - anything from head voltage issues to timing issues to supporting newer ink sets, etc.

If you want to run old firmware you might be able to find the parameter to modify with a search on the JV3 group on Yahoo.