• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Disinfectants suitable for laminated graphics

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
We do work for exhibits and museums who are now in the process of disinfecting their spaces. Does anyone know what is safe vs. what is not to be used. Some calls have come in about the use of Clorox 360 which has the following components;
Tetrasodium EDTA
Quaternary ammonium compounds, C12-18-alkyl[(ethylphenyl)methyl]dimethyl,
Quaternary ammonium compounds, C12-14-alkyl[(ethylphenyl)methyl]dimethyl, chlorides

They wish to use this on all laminated graphics and acrylic faced graphics.
Uncharted territory to be sure
All replies are welcome for suitable safe disinfectants to be used on graphics (not direct print)

rjssigns

No clue. Maybe do some testing. I had to test material for resistance to a specific hydrocarbon. Took samples of the various materials to the clients lab with and without laminate, submerged them, set a timer and waited.
Could do the same thing with various disinfectants.
IIRC Lysol spray is supposed to work on various corona bugs.

Joe House

It would probably have some dependency on the specific laminate, so any testing should be done with your laminate. I would also advise the customer that the products have not been tested long term with any disinfectants. Alcohol may have been tested by the manufacturer though. I would check the data sheets.

Stay safe