• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Display complete filename in q?

mikeinpdx

I have some very long file names and Versaworks truncates the right side of them. If it's an individual file, you can hover over it to see the full name, but if it's in nest job, it apparently isn't possible, the hover only displays the nest job name, no matter what file the mouse is hovering over. Is there any way to work around this? The customer file names are pretty long and the first 20 characters are all the same.

T

TonyC

Have you tried...

When we send files to versaworks we label them starting with order number, type of media, if it laminates, if it needs crop marks and quantity. Example: 24836_IJ40_Lam_CC_4x
Maybe this will shorten the file name enough.

mikeinpdx

When we send files to versaworks we label them starting with order number, type of media, if it laminates, if it needs crop marks and quantity. Example: 24836_IJ40_Lam_CC_4x
Maybe this will shorten the file name enough.

Thanks - You've got a very good system there. We could always rename, it's just kind of ridiculous that Versaworks can't handle such a basic task as displaying a complete long filename if I'm keeping the customer's existing filename.