• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Displaying fonts

ballparkgraphics

Any tips on a good way to display fonts for customers to view? I had thought of printing them off (A-Z, 1-9, etc.) and putting them in a binder for customers to flip through. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys.

Sticker Dude

I offer 60 different fonts
I did the same thing you want to do
Just went through all my font pick them out Wrote them out with mubers then printed them out Did 6 fonts to one page 10 pages very nice BUT make them easy ones so weeding isnt a bitch

ballparkgraphics

I offer 60 different fonts
I did the same thing you want to do
Just went through all my font pick them out Wrote them out with mubers then printed them out Did 6 fonts to one page 10 pages very nice BUT make them easy ones so weeding isnt a bitch

Thanks sticker dude. I definitely will pick out easy ones...no need to create more work for me!

trakers

We use and like The Font Thing.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It is now going on 9 years old, but so far it is the best free font viewer I have found.

Am still searching for, but have never found, a good font program that will let you create "proof" sheets automatically.
<o:p></o:p>
Currently we let customers thumb through many hundreds of fonts (Usually within Flexi with their text), which is many hundreds too many. Want to get it down to a couple hundred, preferably even less, just no time to do so, too busy making signs.<o:p></o:p>

Jillbeans

I wouldn't do it.
You should be the designer, not them, that's why they came to a professional.
If you do do this, be prepared to make a lot of signs using University Roman or Algerian.
Love....Jill

ballparkgraphics

Thanks Trakers. I like that program a lot. It's a handy one to have around. I agree with you also Jillbeans. I don't want to overboard with this by any means. I just want to have their options displayed. Thanks for the input and advice!

Shovelhead

Thanks Trakers. I like that program a lot. It's a handy one to have around. I agree with you also Jillbeans. I don't want to overboard with this by any means. I just want to have their options displayed. Thanks for the input and advice!

The point being YOU give them a few options.
Don't allow them to choose!