• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disposing of a Mutoh Outdoor Falcon II... anyone?

c-leb

I wasn't sure which subject to post this under...
Our shop had a fire about 2 months ago and now that the insurance $$ is finally coming through and we can start getting back up to speed there is a question of how to properly dispose of one of our printers, a Mutoh Outdoor Falcon II...
The board is fried from water damage so the screen just comes up blank. Were not gonna spend another dime fixing this machine (dumped way too much maintenance money into it over the years) so the question arises of how to properly (environmentally) drain all the solvents and inks out of it and scrap the whole thing?
Any suggestions? Scrap yard? Can we part it out? Anyone ever dispose of a printer this large other than Office Space style using bats?
I have no idea what is still good and ruined on it and we have no intention of spending the $$ to find out, its just not cost effective for us to try.
Any advice is welcome... except if your advice sucks... then no.

c-leb

Replicator

Your city or town should have a drop off center for computers and electronics RECYCLING.

This is the same place you can take it . . . Otherwise call your local dealer to find out !

randya

The inks are considered non-hazardous when dry.

Most of the aluminum is aircraft grade and should fetch top dollar at recycle.

The circuit boards can go to electronics recycling and the metal to a junk dealer.