• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disposing of overflow Eco-Sol Max ink

CPSigns

Sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, but can anyone tell me where/how I should be disposing of the ink that fills up in my overflow ink jar attached to the bottom of my Roland SP-540V? The ink we use is Ecol-Sol Max.

Thanks!

Goofball

I don't know if this is the correct way to do it....but I just pour in an old soda bottle and throw it away in my trash.....I'm sure someone will disapprove of this method though.

Bob

Todd M Castle

While waiting to find out your state law you can use a tub of cat litter. Just poor it in and it soaks it up. Works great until it gets full. I've not had to deal with where to put it once it gets full yet :biggrin:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We don't have that much, but we pour it into a coffee can and let it dry up. We mix some boggers in with it to help soak it up. We don't wait until the bottle is full. Then we throw the can into the river......

Only kidding.... :Big Laugh We have two days a year when a local company will pick up all hazardous wastes for free. That's where we take it.

mediaman

I'd treat it the same as oil-based paint. Your local hazardous waste facility should have no problem properly disposing of it. Do the right thing and leave the planet cleaner than you found it.

Jackpine

I put mine in a can with old paper towels and dispose of it with the recyclable trash. I mark the can. The Waste Management guy told me they just take it to the dump. We have a very ridged trash program in this state so ....go figure. WM told me to put it with the recycle.

mark in tx

But, but, I thought Eco-Sol was good for the environment!??
You mean we can't fertilize the tomatoes with it?
We can't just flush it?
But its ECO-SOL!

ECO!

And if you believe that, you'll buy this Gen-yooo-wine Rolex watch!

Most cities have a HAZMAT and recycling yard you can dispose of it through.

CPSigns

Thanks for all the responses. I actually got a call back (from a message I left) today from a guy at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (we're in TX) and he said since the ink didn't have anything in it that was hazardous
--our MSDS sheet says the ingredients are:
---Carbon Black/Proprietary Pigment
---Dipropylene glycol mono-methyl ether
---Proprietary organic materials
that all we needed to do with it was turn it into a solid (i.e. pour it into cat litter/sawdust/something that would soak it up) and throw it away.

Not sure what other states would say, but that's what they tell us to do in TX.

Thanks again!

ignoredthoughts

Hrm, neat =) I'll have to remember to check with VA state law and see what they say.

I didn't know that it wasn't hazardous, somethin new every day.

Thanks fellas.

Goofball

I forgot to mention in earlier post.....I like to huff on it a couple of weeks before I throw it away....that way I've got all the GOODIE out of it.

Bob

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Whatever you do with it, from calling a squad of beings in airtight suits to dumping it on the ground to pouring it down a convenient drain, will have no measurable effect on anything. The probability of using it to destroying civilization as we know it is exactly zero.

Just pour it out somewhere, this is one of those delicious situations where you can aggravate eco-loons and not even come close to changing the course of history.

Goofball

I just colored my hair....my wife's hair.....and my little girls hair with it today....going to hit all the local beauty shops tomorrow and see if they are interested in some of the latest in hair trend technology.

Bob

bertex

That's what I do in FL, turn it solid, chuck it in the dumpster. I've dumped one full jar in 20 months??

jagsouthern

It adds a little color to my shops crapper.
Yeaaaa...at least I don't have to call a plumber to clean out the droppings left by certain employees. I think maybe a nice tie dye collection would be a good use. Why throw it away when we can squeeze some more use from it.