• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Distributor Central vs. ASI, Sage, or PPAI

smdgrfx

+1 on just getting to know the vendors. I did ASI over 10 years ago for one year. It was worth it to learn alot about different vendors. I now just contact vendors/manufacturers directly. They have never turned me down because I don't have an ASI number. I have a couple of brokers that use me to print their signage now. I usually just tell one of them what I'm looking for and they show me where to get the product. Easy as can be.

royster13

What services you buy are up to you......Many folks get by with DC and a 500.00 plotter......Others want all the bells and whistles and get a nice Summa and ASI....

Some folks can make money with either setup...While others can not make money if their life depended on it...

Last year I am sure 95% of what I sold came from 6 vendors....You only need 3,000 vendors if you let your clients become PITAs....If they are not happy with something with 1 of say 20 vendors, they may not be worth keeping as a client....Take the low hanging fruit and cast the PITAs away.....