• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Divided sign frame

GVP

Greetings! So there is a large vertical backlit sign at a mall that is divided into individual tenants panels one above the other. The outer frame appears to be in one piece vertically, and the individual panels appear to be separated horizontally by some kind of framing joining piece.

So my question is, how do you change out an individual panel without dismantling the whole thing? It's never come up before and I'm perplexed!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There has to be a way that one of the vertical pieces unscrews from the side of the sign. Usually on tall multi-tenant signs you'll have one or two removable retainers that cover 2-4 tenant panels. Sometimes they are not just 1.5" or 2" angle brackets though, it could be the whole side of the sign comes that comes off... either way there should be somewhat easy access to swap those panels out. The only way to help is if you post pictures...otherwise this is all a guess.