• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DIY Media Basket

dynamicdezigns

hi, has anyone made a DIY media basket? im looking at making one for my Graphtec CE5000 24"... i would think they could easily be made cheaper than $300 that sign warehouse sells them for. i was just wondering if anyone has made one, is so how? what kind of material did you use to keep static to a low? any help would be awesome..

thanks

- Nick

Jackpine

Heavy duty curtain rods from wall mart or a hardware store. There are threaded holes on the side of the stand, get screws from hardware store. Polyester (light weight fabric) for the catch basket. Make a pocket with banner tape for the fabric.
hi, has anyone made a DIY media basket? im looking at making one for my Graphtec CE5000 24"... i would think they could easily be made cheaper than $300 that sign warehouse sells them for. i was just wondering if anyone has made one, is so how? what kind of material did you use to keep static to a low? any help would be awesome..

thanks

- Nick

dynamicdezigns

yeah i went a little more extensive than that. just got the machine recently and wanted it to look as factory as possible.

i used:

2 pieces of 1/8" flat steel(4 holes drilled in it, 1 at each end, 2 in the middle to mount to factory holes)
2 pieces 3/8" threaded rod(being covered by pvc to prevent from wrecking material)
4 3/8" wingnuts(one at each corner, so i can remove fabric when needed)
2 yards of fabric(getting it sewn, will have it back friday)
excess flat steel and threaded rod have been cut off as well...

when fabric is back, i will post pictures. everything is also being painted black.\

maybe cost $30.00 for everything, and turned out really good!

2013-07-09 14.39.31.jpg 2013-07-09 14.39.47.jpg

MR. Graphics

I made a catch basket for my 64" mimaki with 1" pvc pipe, (4) 90 deg pvc couplers and conduit brackets. Took some left over banner material. Sew in some pole pockets. It sags a little, probably should have done it with 2" pvc.

dynamicdezigns

thanks CS. definately saved alot of money compared to the Graphtec ones. and yeah, its VERY sturdy. no flex to it. just wanna get the fabric on, and see how it goes.

CS-SignSupply

I used to buy a long section of the white wire closet shelf and have it cut to the width of the cutter stand. Then I would either wire tie or tap holes and drill one section vertically on the stand legs and the second section would be tied to the bottom of the vertical section at a 45 degree angle creating a V to catch the material.