• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DJ 5500, DJ L25500 or DJ Z6200 ?

pholthep

Any comments for a newbie in printing business? I'm considering between these 3 models for mostly indoor prints -- self-adhesive PVC & Polypropylene Paper prints - 1200 dpi...

Curious to find out about,
1) print medias versatility - type of papers that can be printed with these printers (currently on HP website, seem to be very limited for Z6200
2) ink cost & ink consumption
3) general usage...

Please help.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You will have the lowest consumable costs by using the L25500, you will have the widest variety of print medias using a Z6200 or 5500 but not by much and the costs are much higher due to the coating needed. All 3 Machines are very good but I would personally choose the L25500.

Mspec

For both the 5500 and Z series you will be limited to media that is inkjet coated material. The latex printer will print on a wide array of uncoated media ( uncoated media is cheaper, and has more applications ) and you will get much better results on adhesive backed vinyls. Even though you are looking for primarily indoor work right now, the latex unit will give you the ability to start producing long lasting outdoor work as well, and widen your portfolio.

Regards...