• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do certain foils print out of registration more than others?

MCV

Has anyone else noticed certain colors printing out of registration worse than others. I have noticed specifically flood coat white and the silver medal printing out of registration much worse than other colors. Even with choke and spread I have the silver medal printing almost 10 pixels out of registration to the right.

I am running a Gerber FX with omega 3.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The variation has to do with how much foil is left on the roll. Since Medals are only 25 meters, there will be a built in difference when used with 50 meter rolls. In later versions of Omega, there is a utility to adjust for these errors on any specific job.

MCV

Thanks Fred. I use the regfixer to adjust for it but when I have to run a print a couple times to get it right it gets a little expensive. I will keep this in mind for future prints.

Tony Teveris

RegFixer is in the misc folder on the Omega 3.0 CD.

It's also on the Omega 4.0 DVD and built into GQMgr under the File menu. In the next version the offsets you used last for a material / foil combo will be saved. It seems as Dana travels around the states on his road show many people have stated that the offset is the same if they continue to use the same foil roll, thus the saving aspect.

The app is just something I wrote and used for awhile and found it very helpful in my printings. I hate to bleed, choke or spread.

MCV

Tony, thanks for the info. Will the registration correction ever be something that can be changed in omega itself, or will you have to use the separate program, save, then print?

Tony Teveris

You will always have to create a spool file to start with. Starting in Omega 4.0 from GQMgr you can select File Open w/ Foil Adjust and it will bring up the magic dialog.

intense red is a nightmare, as its always off no matter if the roll is new/used or near the end!! its always been like this....if i use tomato red or ruby red, its perfect! i can't use a white primer on any of my stuff as its always off! i even had a tech take a look and he couldn't figure it out!! its a right pain in the a$$!!!!!!