• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

do digital prints on calendered shrink a lot?

WB

We try to buy stuff in bulk. You know you are going to use it why not get a better price. We do that with coro, .040 aluminum, max metal, 18x24 realty frames, beer. You know stuff you know you are going to use up.

I agree,, bulk gives you better prices.. You have customers calling around getting quotes on signs or vehicle graphics.. Why shouldn't you call around and get prices from you suppliers..

This year we called and got prices from our suppliers based on a certain volume.. Why not.. Look at your last years sales.. If your business is growing you know your going to buy the same and hopefully more!!

There'as so many suppilers that want to compete for your business it's scary..

TheSnowman

Yea, Mosh, I'm not gonna store 100 sheets of Cor-X. That's a waste of space. I store 100 18" X 24"'s and that lasts me a year. So yea, I pay $10 a sheet for Cor-X 4' X 8', or like $.75 a sheet when I buy a box of 100, so just so you don't have to do the math, it's cheaper like I said...FOR ME HERE.

advsign22

I remember the hate that I felt having to cut down a sheet of 4 x 8 sheet. It was a pain in the a** for me that is, which made it not worth the savings.

Ken

thewood

We also buy 4'x8' by the 100 and store them upstairs. Don't get me wrong, we buy 18" x 24" by the pallet as well. If I was going to do one or two signs, I would use 18" x 24" blanks. But I would never apply 60 of them one by one when it is much quicker, more cost efficient and easier to apply them by the 4' x 8' sheet.

Graphics2u

I never get 18 x 24's that are square enough to print to exact size. So I either make them a 1\2" Smaller or 1\4" bigger and trim after applied.

MachServTech

I assunme it is shrinkage.

You are correct.

On Calendared Vinyls more heat, ink and UV = more shrink.

Some happens quite quickly while pre-heating for printing. (some up to .25 of an inch) Remember Calendared Vinyl is trying to go back to its original shape (a big blob ) while Cast Vinyl is poured into its final shape.