• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do face masks work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Maybe because not everyone wears a mask. And those who do, don't all the time. And it's still a novel virus. And it mutates. And and and.... You are not an expert on infectious diseases, and you really shouldn't set rules for your forum that you break in the same breath.

LOL.... correct not an expert on infectious diseases but I am a expert on COMMON SENSE and critical thinking. I also have a MIND and can think for myself. Having worked in the industrial field I know more about PPE than most. If you did some research and could think for yourself you know why it's spreading so fast. On my site, I make the rules, not the government, and change them as I see fit.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
https://brownstone.org/articles/mor...d-articles-on-mask-ineffectiveness-and-harms/

“Face masks should be used only by individuals who have symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing, sneezing, or, in some cases, fever. Face masks should also be worn by health care workers, by individuals who are taking care of or are in close contact with people who have respiratory infections, or otherwise as directed by a doctor. Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”

Preventing Infection Acquisition
Hand hygiene is one of the most important ways to prevent acquiring and spreading respiratory infections. Wash your hands often. Try not to touch your nose, eyes, or mouth prior to washing your hands. Avoid close contact with others who are sick. Clean household surfaces and objects with wipes or cleaning spray when available. If you become ill, stay home to avoid making other people sick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.