• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DO NOT TRUST INKMED.CN I got a DOA printhead for JV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDKAOD

I received a DOA print head from Epson once. It happens. The real question is whether Inkmed will exchange it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What symptoms are you having? Is it printing at all? A lot of times there can be a preexisting malfunction in the printer that will blow a head or cause it not to work. Out of the 100's of DX4 print head we have sold I would say about 2 - 3 have been DOA in the last 6 years. So it does happen but it is much more likely that something else is causing the issue.

player

My tech told me the heads get tested at the factory. There are bad ones, which are sold to China as B stock. When you buy from China there is an opportunity to get B stock heads, and they don't always work.

tooserious

Must have been B stock.........I bought another and it worked great

I bought another from a UK company and it worked no problem. The thing seemed stopped up when I got it. they would not replace it. I sent it back for them to check they said it would not print. They offered me 100.00 I paid 570.00 plus freight

tooserious

No pre existing condition..............

I could never get a test pattern out of it at first it seemed to try but only slight lines a few then nothing. Over nighted new head from another company NO Problem installed worked great I have put in like 8 print heads so I know to be careful.Said it looked tampered with. i put a new manifold on it and tried that same thing....then they said the print head had been opened.They would give me 100.00 I said that is not right...........:0(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I bought another from a UK company and it worked no problem. The thing seemed stopped up when I got it. they would not replace it. I sent it back for them to check they said it would not print. They offered me 100.00 I paid 570.00 plus freight

If it seemed stopped up when you received it, it might have been an aqueous head converted to a solvent. If they do that and don't get the manifold on properly, it will impede ink flow. Glad to hear you are up and running.

If you are ever interested in dealing with an American company, feel free to give us a try. We can't always beat the pricing of out of country sellers but we do outperform them in service. In this case we would have troubleshot the printer with you and replaced the head at no charge upon realizing it was the issue.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Wasn't there a thread about this the other day? Regardless its slim chances of there being a bad print head but it can happen. Aside from that I'm not aware of really any online place selling print heads that warrants them in any way when the end user is installing it themselves. Most all places have specific disclaimers in place specifically stating this. Too many variables for an expensive very easily damaged part. Why was the head replaced? What exactly was wrong with the old one? Did you wait the requisite 15 minutes or so with the printer unplugged before disconnecting anything? Mimaki service manuals all state that this should be done. I can personally verify (I've checked it myself) that there is active voltage that slowly tapers down from 42v down to zero over about a 15 minutes period. The service manuals even state to verify a particular test point with a multimeter that the voltage has dropped below 1v. A damaged head cable, other electrical issue with the slider board or main board, can also instantly toast a print head. With such a delicate and easily damaged part, I sure would not warrant one either.

Good point Vander on the potential for an aqueous head too. I should have thought of that. Also some of the aqueous flushes and shipping solutions react very BAD with certain solvent flushes and solutions. I have some different solutions here right now. This one aqueous solution does very very bad with a particular solvent flush - when the two come together it literally turns into a thick cloudy gelatinous good in seconds. I can take the very same aqueous flush and put another brand of solvent flush in and they are just fine together - granted they do still separate but its fine to flush the aqueous solution out of a head with this solvent but try it with the other solvent flush and you essentially clog the head beyond recovery. Unfortunately there is no easy way to figure these things out. When I get a new head - I push a small amount of the shipping solution out with just air in a syringe first so I can test which solvent flush can be used to flush it prior to installing it in a machine.

amyink

My tech told me the heads get tested at the factory. There are bad ones, which are sold to China as B stock. When you buy from China there is an opportunity to get B stock heads, and they don't always work.

Our company trade printer heads too, do not know the "B stock".
And it is impossible:
1, China is biggest market for Epson, Mutoh , Mimaki and Roland, it is not a good idea to send fake products on purpose.
2, We buy printer heads from Epson , from Roland , from Mutoh, from Mimaki. It is impossible all of these companies have "B stock"
3, We buy printer heads from Japan in very small quantity. Supplier in US and Europ give us better price based on our quantity. There will be no "B stock" in US and Europ

I am new here, glad to communicate with everyone.

Amy

player

Our company trade printer heads too, do not know the "B stock".
And it is impossible:
1, China is biggest market for Epson, Mutoh , Mimaki and Roland, it is not a good idea to send fake products on purpose.
2, We buy printer heads from Epson , from Roland , from Mutoh, from Mimaki. It is impossible all of these companies have "B stock"
3, We buy printer heads from Japan in very small quantity. Supplier in US and Europ give us better price based on our quantity. There will be no "B stock" in US and Europ

I am new here, glad to communicate with everyone.

Amy

Not sure but either way the only people getting bad heads are getting them from China. We hear about it here all the time...

amyink

I received a DOA print head from Epson once. It happens. The real question is whether Inkmed will exchange it.

Adam from Inkmed is my friend, just call him about it.

1, The print head lost nozzles, seems like the ink supply not enough. Details is post here
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?131963-WOW-just-purchased-new-head-NOT-WORKING

2, After sucked times, the printer head can only print half nozzles.

3, Adam apply replace a new head to customer and Inkmed agree it.

4, When the printer head send back, Inkmed do not want replace it because no one can ensure if it is the same head. The head rank is lost and the head is opened. Attachment is pictures of this head, before.jpg is new head in China before send out. after 1.jpg and after 2. jpg is bad head sent back to Inkmed.

5, Adam trust customer, but his company have enough reason to refuse his application of replacement.

6, Adam tris his best to reduce customer's loss, apply times from company, will compensate customer for loss. $100 is the biggest amount he can applied.

There are many suppliers in this forum, anyone can replace a different parts?

Amy

player

1, The print head lost nozzles, seems like the ink supply not enough. Details is post here
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?131963-WOW-just-purchased-new-head-NOT-WORKING

4, When the printer head send back, Inkmed do not want replace it because no one can ensure if it is the same head. The head rank is lost and the head is opened. Attachment is pictures of this head, before.jpg is new head in China before send out. after 1.jpg and after 2. jpg is bad head sent back to Inkmed.

5, Adam trust customer, but his company have enough reason to refuse his application of replacement.

6, Adam tris his best to reduce customer's loss, apply times from company, will compensate customer for loss. $100 is the biggest amount he can applied.

Amy

Inkmed is screwing the guy out of $470 plus his freight. How is that fair? Terrible way to do business.

How does he get compensated for the hours and hours of work his tech bills him for installing and trouble shooting the DEFECTIVE
head?

tooserious

Why would I go too the trouble to screw a company about a printhead

So when I received the print head i did it like I always have done. people don't like to work on Mimaki JV3 since about 2008...2 years after i bought the machine so i had to learn to do things myself. I am not an idiot I have replaced like 8 or more print heads in 10 years.
I always run a little solvent through them with a damper and syringe and then install using rank numbers (new dampers etc) I am very careful. It seemed a little hard to get the solvent to drop but I didn't want to press any harder. It visibly was there. Then when i install there was a slight(very few nozzles firing)so I went to the back of the machine and pulled ink through(usually does the trick didn't help) got worse. So I talked with Adam they made me do several things which didn't work including taking it off and trying to run solvent through the head. No difference...then he told me friend there is no warranty we can't replace.........
I tried changing the manifold to a new one I had and re-installed no difference.
I was sure I was stuck with it ...then Adam said send it back and we will look at it and see what is wrong.
I was putting the original manifold on and i got a drop of solution on the rank numbers on the manifold so i wiped it off and the numbers went with my rag. So explained that. It is the same print head they sent me.
I like Adam he seemed to be very helpful I just think he got a bad head from Japan.
He and i both know changing the manifold does nothing to the head. I did not file a claim with Paypal because I believed they would make it right!!! I had another head shipped overnight from another company and behold NO PROBLEMS Dennis All Signs Olympia

tooserious

For God's Sake I am in the Sign business I look for trustworthy suppliers and techs

My printer is old but still kicking i can't afford a new one . I rely on knowledgeable people like in this forum. Hoping next year. (New Printer)Adam(Inkmed) helped me on a program I was looking for.
He was very helpful. So i bought a printhead dampers pumps ) Why would I turn around and screw him it doesn't make sense. I lost a lot of time and money with that print head. To say it is different shows the mistrust. It is too bad. That is what is wrong with the world we can't trust anyone!!!!
I state for a fact that the print head I sent them back is the same one they sent me..........it doesn't give an error 7 message or anything it just doesn't work.The first test pattern was promising ..looked like ink starvation.....then it just got worse until there were no nozzles..............within 24 hours I got a new head and it has been great (well as great as a DX4 print head can be)
I will go someday ...JUST NOT QUIETLY!!

tooserious

It never printed 1/2 nozzle..

Amy
So I just read this ...It never printed half of the nozzles. At first he told me I was out of luck because I installed it!!!!

amyink

Inkmed is screwing the guy out of $470 plus his freight. How is that fair? Terrible way to do business.

How does he get compensated for the hours and hours of work his tech bills him for installing and trouble shooting the DEFECTIVE
head?

The fair is Inkmed agree replace the printer head when they know it not work.
And they do not replace it when they find the printer head is different.

Will ask again, any seller want to replace parts different from what they sell out?

Inkmed is a responsible company, customers can get reply within 24 hours about any questions of parts and printer problems (except weekend and China holiday), no matter buy from them or not.

But Inkmed lose much money when they trust customer too much.
I know partly of these lost: Sanjiv Arya from South Africa disappeared when he receive the print head and ink, Inkmed lost more than 2000usd.
Clay Davis from US disappeard when he received DX5 head decoder, DX5 head adaptor and dampers
Both of them promise to make payment as soon as they receive the products, but neither of them pay for it after they receive. As they are regular customers, so Inkmed trust them and delivery first, but customers do not keep promise and do not pay.

Many customers contact Adam and work with Inkmed, we appreciate if they could say something.

Amy

player

The fair is Inkmed agree replace the printer head when they know it not work.
And they do not replace it when they find the printer head is different.

Will ask again, any seller want to replace parts different from what they sell out?

Inkmed is a responsible company, customers can get reply within 24 hours about any questions of parts and printer problems (except weekend and China holiday), no matter buy from them or not.

But Inkmed lose much money when they trust customer too much.
I know partly of these lost: Sanjiv Arya from South Africa disappeared when he receive the print head and ink, Inkmed lost more than 2000usd.
Clay Davis from US disappeard when he received DX5 head decoder, DX5 head adaptor and dampers
Both of them promise to make payment as soon as they receive the products, but neither of them pay for it after they receive. As they are regular customers, so Inkmed trust them and delivery first, but customers do not keep promise and do not pay.

Many customers contact Adam and work with Inkmed, we appreciate if they could say something.

Amy

Blah blah blah... So much bullshiit talk. Just give the guy his $575 back. He doesn't care about your other customers. You are trying to distract from the facts. You sent him a bad head and won't refund the money. That's stealing.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Why give the money back as no one can prove the head is same one?

Inkmed is my regular supplier, printer heads sent us were well.

A used JV3 mainboard not work last year, they replace it directly.

Brent

genericname

Y'all, argue for a refund, but to call Inkmed untrustworthy over a printhead is really petty. I was leary about going with a Chinese supplier, but went to Inkmed for parts after a VERY trusted VERY well known domestic supplier on this board sold us FOUR doa heads. I haven't had any issues with anything I've purchased through Adam, and I've probably gone through ten or so heads, thirty dampers, four encoder strips, a bunch of pumps, and a Y axis motor.

tooserious

So if they would have done you that way you would have trusted them???

I think not. Petty 570.00 is petty. I tried this print head it didn't work at all ...not 1 day or 2 days or i month. They ran me through all kinds of tests I had already done. Then they said take it off and run fluid through it...then he said friend I cannot warranty it when it has been on your machine!!!!!!! That's when i changed the manifold and it still didn't work IT IS THE SAME PRINT HEAD THEY SENT ME . There must be another way to identify the rank numbers without the plastic piece (manifold)It is there loss .............why would I lie I am a business owner...and in the sign business for 30 years and printing since 2006 when I purchased the Mimaki JV3 130 SPII it has been a great machine but it was on the out(I didn't know that when I purchased it) I have had Macmedia fix the motherboard I have bought several heads from China ...this is the first DOA head..........I have been on this forum many times to get your guys help. I am just saying from my experience thet are not a very good company. I have to stand behind my products!!!!!!!!! INKMED.CN
They don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.