• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do pre-cut magnet shapes exist?

kfinnn

We have had several requests for larger car magnets cut into shapes - most commonly a simple oval. I have seen corrugated shapes offered at several supply shops but never magnets. Anyone know of anywhere to find this type of product? We have a Graphtec FC5100-75 that handles our print-to-cut decals, but I doubt it's powerful enough to cut 30ml mag. Don't know of any sign shops in the area (Central Coast, CA) that has a cutter to sub this out. Any ideas?

G-Artist

Yes, they do exist and you can buy them blank.

That might be acceptable for a screen print decorator where they can build a jig to properly hold them and keep them properly registered. I doubt it would be suitable for a wide format printer.

I have a feeling you might be seeking mag material where the roll has been pre-die cut with the design and where the cut piece is still attached and ready to be popped off after printing. Good idea(?) but I have not seen that as an available option - maybe someone else has.

kfinnn

We want to print on our vinyl then apply to a pre-cut magnet shape. We are not trying to run mag through the printer. Can you tell us where to find blank die cut mangets. These need to be fairly large - the current request is for a 24" x 14" oval.

G-Artist

I have bought blanks from Gill Studios a few times.

Those more familiar with Stouse than I am can advise whether they sell that way or not.

Also, the folks who sell to the cottage subliminate industry have them available as I have seen them displayed at the combined screen print/awards shows. I didn't take their sales literature so I cannot direct you to a particular supplier. Sorry.