• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you do anything special for blade disposal

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We had a guy cut his hand open pretty bad last year when taking out the trash. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to safely put blades in the garbage?

CanuckSigns

this is ours, its basic but it works, when full the lid goes on and it goes in the dumpster

Attachments

• knife disposal.jpg
    knife disposal.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 240

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We save them in old tin cans and when full, drop them all over a competitors parking lot. Oh yeah, and be sure to remove all your fingerprints.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We have a sharps box, has a little flap on it so even if it falls over the blades don’t spill anywhere. Once it’s full you can pop it down with some force and that’s it locked (apparently). Though we’re still on the first one and it’s been a couple years lol

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I use an empty lacquer thinner can...1 gallon, square can with the 1-1/2" diameter opening. When it's full, it goes to the metal scrap yard.

JB

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I have a Flintstones vitamins container. Been filling it for about four or five years now. Once it gets about 3/4 full, I'll wrap it in some black tape and toss it in the trash. I put Xactos, blade snap offs, needles and anything considered a sharp in it.

2B

We have an old pickle jar with a slit in the lid.
anything that causes blood letting get added

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Mine is an old Gatorade powder can with a hole cut in the lid. When it's full, I take it to the scrap metal place.

Attachments

• 20200612_131307.jpg
    20200612_131307.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 124

Ardor Creative

I use an old denatured alcohol can. I drop bits and blades in it. In the field I always wrap blades in tape before tossing them (mostly so I don't rip the garbage bag). I also learned the hard way about throwing them in the garbage loose. Never again will that happen.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We have had a 6x12x3" tall sharps container that was here when I started. It's about half full...

This seems scary. I prefer to take a piece of tape and encase the blade when on site, and tape that to the handle on the tool bag we use to tote vinyl supplies.

I once had a straight razor I'd been using to scrape glass at a job site, then had to stop at a walmart for a new one, but being a dumbass, I slipped the old blade in the little pocket on my jeans. Me and my buddy who worked with me were wondering around walmart killing time on the clock (I was 16 or 17 and super responsible obviously) and I felt something in my little pocket, so I jabbed my finger straight into the razor. So there I was, bleeding like a stuck pig, in walmart, on the clock, with no great explanation for my old man how this happened.

HUmmm, I may need to rethink that practice. I usually just crush my bottles and throw them in the bed of the truck so I dont think I'd mistake a blade... but who knows....ive done dumber things.