• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you guys sell "blank substrates" to retail customers? Customer Rant...

Pat Whatley

I had a lady come in recently who bought a carload of vinyl scraps that would have otherwise sat in a box for years or been thrown out eventually.

I used to get 10 calls a week from people wanting my scrap vinyl. Thought I'd be a nice guy and keep all the offcuts and such in a box for them. It took me all of two weeks of constantly hearing "Well what colors do you have in the box?" or "Can you cut them all into 8x10 pieces for me?" or "Can you call me when you've got a bunch of metallic orange scrap?" before that stuff went right back in the garbage can.

TheSnowman

Good conversation on this stuff. Thanks guys. I guess I'm ok with selling it in the end, but I either need to refuse to cut it for people, or have some kind of a crazy minimum to make it worth my time. I like the idea of selling them for $600. Seems like that'd be worth my time, and create a good story, and mini vacation.

ATD Signs

Selling Substrates

Hi
Sell as many corplast sheets as you can. I sell them for $35.00 cash each, and I don't cut anything, the customer can cut it themselves.