• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have a dog in your shop?

401Graphics

If your customer is THAT close to the sign you just made them, tell them your signs are for looking at, not smelling.
+1

Thats why if i do see a hair in the print i usually just leave it, because odds are they will never see it anyways.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
here's to another short hair

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-03 at 5.25.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-03 at 5.25.07 PM.png
    681.6 KB · Views: 103

Team Valhalla

Once I stopped in to visit a good customer - that had a large dog in the front office.

So I'm sitting in a chair waiting to see the guy, when a nicely dressed salesman comes in the door. He's standing at the counter telling them who he was, and the dog comes around the end of the desk. He walks over to the salesman, lifts his leg, and proceeds to mark the guy's pants and shoes.

Needless to say he was not pleased! Always kept an eye on Fido after that.

SP

401Graphics

Once I stopped in to visit a good customer - that had a large dog in the front office.

So I'm sitting in a chair waiting to see the guy, when a nicely dressed salesman comes in the door. He's standing at the counter telling them who he was, and the dog comes around the end of the desk. He walks over to the salesman, lifts his leg, and proceeds to mark the guy's pants and shoes.

Needless to say he was not pleased! Always kept an eye on Fido after that.

SP
BAHAHHAHHAHAHHA CLASSIC! :goodpost: :ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh

brush1

I have most dusty....and messy.... pet ever....Congo African Grey Parrot.
From time to time feathers under lamination film. Customers love my bird....so do I.
We come to work and back home every day.
2 dogs at home because of barking problems - doxie. They use to join me but not anymore.

toomeycustoms

Our English bulldog is with us all day. We bought a Roomba and scheduled it to run at midnight to help with the dust/fur bunnies. We also have a GMP PCT roller and use it on all prints before we laminate/mount. Haven't had much trouble with pet hair. It's usually a spec of dust/dirt or an eyelash that makes it way under the laminate.

Attachments

• dee.png
    dee.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 86

tattoo.dan

I used to bring my chihuahua to work, but since we moved to the new building I just got out of the habit. Have a pit that I am really considering bringing in because I am always here and never hardly get to spend much time with her, so I think it would be good for her....

Letterbox Mike

Our English bulldog is with us all day. We bought a Roomba and scheduled it to run at midnight to help with the dust/fur bunnies. We also have a GMP PCT roller and use it on all prints before we laminate/mount. Haven't had much trouble with pet hair. It's usually a spec of dust/dirt or an eyelash that makes it way under the laminate.

How does the Roomba do? I've often wondered if setting a few of them loose on the production floor at night would help keep the dust and debris level down a bit, but there are a lot of obstacles back there. Good investment?

401Graphics

I got my roomba for free so yea it was a great investment lol.
It does an ok job, not as great as a regular vacuum. wires on the floor is the only problem i have with the roomba going around the office desk area. I like how they re-dock themselves on the charger when done, or if the battery is going to die soon.

I have an older model, not sure how much better the newer ones are.

thewvsignguy

Tried to bring our pug to the shop but he has to pee on every vertical post, surface, table and roll of vinyl around. 3 strikes and you get to stay home.....

Mosh

People with dogs do not realize the rest of use can smell dog crap in your space. You ever see a dog wipe his butt? NO they wipe it on your floor. Being around it so much you don't notice it, but the rest of the population does. BTW that smell gets on you too...

If your reaction is my place does not smell....guess what IT DOES!!! Just like smokers do not notice that stink!!!! Sorry for all you dog people, but dogs should be outside in the country, NOT EVEN OUTSIDE IN TOWN!!!! Sorry for the rant, and I even have a dog OUTSIDE...IN THE COUNTRY where he can run and do his business in the field (fertilizer for me)

Mosh

When I was 5 or 6 I had a Irish Setter, Rusty. One night half our chickens got ate, so my dad shot Rusty, right in front of me and Joel my little brother. The next night the coyotes came and got the rest of the chickens. My dad drank alot....

piccadillysigns

We have a small non shedding dog called Otis, he sometimes comes to the shop with us but he hates me using any power tools, high pitch noises I guess, So if i have a lot of painting he's ok. Big heart small brain, love him lots.

HulkSmash

People with dogs do not realize the rest of use can smell dog crap in your space. You ever see a dog wipe his butt? NO they wipe it on your floor. Being around it so much you don't notice it, but the rest of the population does. BTW that smell gets on you too...

If your reaction is my place does not smell....guess what IT DOES!!! Just like smokers do not notice that stink!!!! Sorry for all you dog people, but dogs should be outside in the country, NOT EVEN OUTSIDE IN TOWN!!!! Sorry for the rant, and I even have a dog OUTSIDE...IN THE COUNTRY where he can run and do his business in the field (fertilizer for me)

that's dumb.

Mosh

Dumb, what about the rest of us? Can you smell smokers? You can also smell dog crap and pee....Up in this exact thread someone said thier dog peed in the shop...how dumb is that? People that can't smell the stink are the worst, no argument there....cause they smell like dog crap too and are just used to it! I can smell it on people that come in my shop all the time.

Let me guess "my shop don't stink"....aahhh YES IT DOES you are just used to the STINK!!! But the rest of the world can smell it a mile away. Seriously there is no come back to that!!!

Bly

I'm with Mosh. Dogs stink.

And people who let them lick their face... do you know where else they licked with that tongue?

CanuckSigns

meh, non-dog people wouldn't get it, it's like people who don't have kids get wierded out when they see parents picking their kids boogers off their faces, it's not something you think about, sometimes the dog licks you on the face, you live to see another day.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My dog is too big to take to the shop.....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• big-doggy.jpg
    big-doggy.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited: