• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have a UPS for your printer?

Dukenukem117

We are looking at buying one of the 64" Latex printers from HP and we were thinking about getting a UPS for it as well. It's more to protect it from brownouts than anything, but the HP rep I called said it's not needed and that they recommend we don't use a UPS at all. I thought this was strange advice.

Was wondering what everyone else here thinks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We are looking at buying one of the 64" Latex printers from HP and we were thinking about getting a UPS for it as well. It's more to protect it from brownouts than anything, but the HP rep I called said it's not needed and that they recommend we don't use a UPS at all. I thought this was strange advice.

Was wondering what everyone else here thinks.

I would get one. Most manufacturers don't honor warranties where a power surge blows up the machine without a surge protector.

CanuckSigns

You would need a huge UPS for the latex machines, they require 2 dedicated 220v circuits. I imagine a UPS that could handle that would be a few thousand $

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased the HP 570 and got a quote for (2) UPS for 220. If my memory serves it was approx $6500.

I had my entire shop surge protected. I also have coverage through my business insurance for this protection.

I do have UPSs on my computers and other printers that are 120. More for lose of power to get things shut down rather that surge protection.

Ron the Sign Man

My problem was too much voltage. We had 268v (power company said they could go as high as 270v by law) and the FB didn't like it all. We had to step down to 220/230 to keep the machine from throwing error codes, the surge protector keeps a constant voltage..

Dukenukem117

Or if you really just need surge protection and clean power, you could purchase two of these https://smile.amazon.com/ESP-Digita...e=UTF8&qid=1543327519&sr=8-1&keywords=e524znt I have two on my 560.

Oh that's cool. So I guess I would need two of those given the Latex uses two cords. Thanks.

You would need a huge UPS for the latex machines, they require 2 dedicated 220v circuits. I imagine a UPS that could handle that would be a few thousand $

Ya, it's the only thing I really hate about the machines. But a 6000VA "should" handle it, and I did find refurbished ones for roughly $1000-1500.