Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know where to get vector art like this?

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by VinylSticks, Jul 10, 2020.

1. VinylSticks

VinylSticks New Member

Jul 19, 2013
    NY
    I have a customer looking to do some traditional cut vinyl "stripes" for the sides of her car. She wants them to be "girly" but modern. Flowers, tribal, swooshes, etc. Does anybody know a site where I can show her a bunch of options, then I can download the artwork to use? Free or Pay, doesn't matter. I have included samples of the designs she showed me. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    The Internet is full of that stuff! Ever heard of it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. VinylSticks

VinylSticks New Member

Jul 19, 2013
    NY
    The Internet is full of “girly” floral modern designs to go on the side of a car that I can download in vector format? Please share your link with me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    Click the Allied Computer Graphics ad. Merchant member here may have that stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    So I guess it's safe to say, you don't know how to convert them from JPEGS to Vectors or EPS Files?

6. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

For the customer, it would be cheaper to buy them off the internet, The effort your spending looking and or converting the files to vector is worth more than they are charging for the examples shown, and they won't want to pay any more.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. SeeEmWhyKay

SeeEmWhyKay Print Plug & Pigment Procurer

Apr 22, 2020
    Fresno, Ca
    Friends don't let friends ruin perfectly good cars with this tacky nonsense. If someone asked me to make these I'd have to politely decline- I wouldn't want my name associated with this abhorrent "design".

8. ArtViz505

ArtViz505 Creative Designer

Jan 10, 2017
    Albuquerque
    Try and do a search in Allfreedownloads.com. They should have something like that design in there.

9. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Just looking at it makes my back hurt. Designs like that will take forever to weed. Not worth it - unless you charge by the pick - and your friend won't want to pay that.

as for the artwork source, there are tons of repositories: Istock, shutterstock to name two.
    Or, learn how to turn raster art to vector and your online imaging resources are endless.

10. jochwat

jochwat Graphics Department

Oct 15, 2016
    Michigan City, IN
    Try vecteezy.com or freepik.com. I use them on occasion to get a starting point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    Like jochwat said, if you search "floral ornament" or something you might find some nice borders that you can take a part and make something out of it.

12. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    No one designs anymore? Create something original.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Search "Free Floral Clipart"...play around with your search criteria Google "cute tribal black and white clip art" etc

14. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1 vecteezy is a great starting point. If there's not enough free stuff for you to access, it provides linked content for pay2play.