• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you leave your laminator webbed up all the time?

ProWraps

It is not 100% myth. I bought a signwarehouse anchor as part of a used set. It sat in a warehouse for 9 months. When I raised the roller there was a definite flat spot at the contact point.

ok you got me....

note to self and everyone here: when not using your laminator and storing in warehouse for 9 months, raise the rollers... check.

MikeH

As an equipment guy for both hot and cold laminators we always recommend opening the rolls when not in use but not because of flat bands on the roll. A well made roller the correct silicone rubber at the correct durometer should not develop a flat band on the rollers. But if you stop it with adhesive under pressure at the nip point you could at best create a mess at worst damage the roller.
One last point, do not clean the roller with alcohol. It will, over time, remove the plasticizers in the roller and make them harder.

DRPSignsNGrafix

We don't leave laminate loaded. We use to many different sizes. Cut Laminate to the print job, tape it along top edge. Start print in laminator flop lam over top peel backer and run through. If we have a long run we will load the roll.

xanderortiz

Oh no... With what do I clean the rollers other than alcohol...?

Not that I already have for the past few months or anything...