• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you use a Print/Cut System or Separate Print+Plotter

MrSalumi

Hello Everyone.

I'm looking for opinions on whether you use/prefer a print/cut system or separate printer and plotter set up?

What are the advantages of going either way?

Thanks,
-S

WildWestDesigns

I would go separate. I do have one embroidery head that does embroidery and will also cut out the patch. In some ways it's great, in other ways it isn't. Space is perhaps the biggest incentive to use an all in one. Otherwise, I would have a machine dedicated to a purpose. They usually can handle the job better as well, as there typically are compromises the more things that a machine can do.

kanini

For me the print&cut systems are great, since we do a lot of small contour-cut decals that doesn't have to be laminated. Recently I've noticed it could be good to have a opus cutter to do the laminated decals and vehicle graphics, since it do occupy the printer when cutting. But I wouldn't like to have a separate system for maybe 70% of the things we run, it's so convenient when the product is finished straight away and don't have to be loaded again for cutting. But the best machine depends a lot on your product mix, what are your best selling products, laminated, banners, small decals unlaminated etc.?

heyskull

I say separates also as both the printer and plotters spend all day plotting and printing.
I reckon I would have to live at the shop if I had a printer/plotter as the days at long enough now.

SC

Gman75

Separate is the way to go. More productive. 85% of the stuff printed has to be laminated so print and cut is no good for that.

MrSalumi

Thank you everyone for the input!!! I was surprised to see that the majority of people are in favor or the separate setup, but after thinking about it a bit it makes perfect sense. Why not free up the printer by switching machines and cutting...

401Graphics

[video=youtube;Jt7swhHRDkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt7swhHRDkM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyMarkus

Being in since March of this year and purchasing a SP-300V -- I wish I would have gone seperates. Nothing like sitting and waiting for a 30 minute print to get done so you can cut for 5 mins :0) -- Glad I have another cutter as well.

Just my (new) 2 cents,
Markus