• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you warranty your signs?????????????

Do you offer warranties?

• Yes on all my products

• Yes on a select few products

• We offer a service plan we charge for

• No, but we're not going to get a negative review over a $200 sign

• Nope, good luck with mother nature...

Results are only viewable after voting.

visual800

electrical signs, routed letters, routed plaques all get 1 year for workmanship and materials...I just wish the people that made out materials would give US a damn warranty instead of lies

ddarlak

Go Bills!
No, I make them to survive normal conditions.

It's not rocket science, do it right and if mother nature takes it down it's time for a new one.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I tell customers the manufacturers expected life of the materials and what my own experience is with certain products but I don't put anything in writing. I would replace/repair if reasonable - fortunately I've not had many issues.

Tattoosleeve

For vinyl and substrate signs we warranty on a case by case basis. We try and use tried and true materials. The amount of money you save per/sqft on an economy option isn't worth the tradeoff in quality, risk of failure or lifespan of product loss.

For cans and channel letters our supplier offers a 2 year parts & workmanship warranty.

Sandman

I only warranty what material manufacturers warranty. Gemini Letters & Plaques have a lifetime warranty. My digital sign supplier has a 3 year warranty. I tell my customers that I use the finest materials. I don't cut corners with cheap vinyl or sub par substrates. I tell them what kind of life they can expect under our normal weather conditions. I've never had an early failure in 34 years of sign making. I've done warranty work on a digital sign twice and both times it was a simple swap out where the manufacturer paid for the new part including shipping. That couple hours of free labor resulted in a happy customer and a new $10,000 project.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We guarantee magnetics for any reason being ruined or even lost as long as you have them.
We guarantee truck graphics for as long as you keep your truck.
We guarantee any electrical signs/channels for at least 25 years.
We guarantee banners for about 15 years, unless they're double sided, then it's 20 years.

Oh dang-g-g-g..... I thought today was April 1st.

Never mind..................​

fresh

We don't explicitly state a warranty. But in general, we'll fix/replace stuff if they fail within a year (or so, depending on what it is.) We do tons of cut-vinyl car lettering. If someone comes in with scratched panel or other failure that was their fault, as long as they paid full price (I have a few groups of customers who get a ton of stuff from us for a sizable discount, those people don't get this benefit,) I'll usually fix it at no cost. Magnets, no way. I'll often help people out with banner failure, but I also regularly get between $6-$8 sqft for them. I'm not losing a customer over something that cost me $15 and 15 minutes of my time.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We don't explicitly state a warranty. But in general, we'll fix/replace stuff if they fail within a year (or so, depending on what it is.) We do tons of cut-vinyl car lettering. If someone comes in with scratched panel or other failure that was their fault, as long as they paid full price (I have a few groups of customers who get a ton of stuff from us for a sizable discount, those people don't get this benefit,) I'll usually fix it at no cost. Magnets, no way. I'll often help people out with banner failure, but I also regularly get between $6-$8 sqft for them. I'm not losing a customer over something that cost me $15 and 15 minutes of my time.
I do the same for cut vinyl on vehicles. One customer scratched the letter E on his rear van door 3 times with his toolbox over several years! Very good customer, I replaced all 3 times and we still laugh about his clumsiness years later. His business over the years more than made up for the few minutes I spent replacing :)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I guess I'm too generous. I have a written 1-year warranty on all my signs except temperary signs (banners, coroplast). Sometimes I'll bump it up to 3-years on signs installed against a wall.

I make sure every sign I put up is installed very well, and that I can sleep easy at night... no reason any of my stuff would fail.

rjssigns

No warranty. I have no control over what the client or weather does.

A couple times I've had clients call for a refund. Told them I'd be right over to get the sign, banner, or remove it from the vehicle or building. Then a miracle happens and they have no complaints.

Can't say for sure but some folks must think I smell like turnips.:D

sardocs

I mentioned in a post a while back that at my old shop we had a warranty line painted across the asphalt at the end of our driveway.

petrosgraphics

remember when Avery had their vinyl issues. would send you a new roll of vinyl, after giving them your 1st born, no replacement cost on your labor. we have 1year warranties on our ballasts and transformers, as the manufacturer does, the problem is, that it still costs you in labor to replace the item

Joe Crumley Jr.

On a more positive note, Yes I have always stood behind my work. It's been thirty eight years now but I should mention I'm not a vinyl, lickem stickem fellow. My trade is dimensional work only. When getting started we used only redwood with a guaranty of five years. I still have clients that return after ten years or longer. They happy to pay the price for a repaint.

I'm in the process of going over a fifteen year old redwood job. But, to make these last it takes tender care. I love doing repaints. The general price is somewhere in the range of half what a new sign cost. Still pricing by the square foot.

Last edited by a moderator: