• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dodge Journey Racing Stripes?

Sticky Signs

Hey Hey
I have a client that would like to put racing stripes on his Dodge Journey. Has anyone done this before? Or is there a site where I can buy a pre-designed stripe kit?
Thanks

ExecuPrintGS

I would mock it up on a photo of the car as a guide for the client and use knifeless tape depending on the design for final install.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, there are many aftermarket stripe kits available for cars. Google is your friend. We often tell clients that you can get them much cheaper on the internet and much more accurate fitting. Very expensive for us to do a one off stripe kit. Vinyl + labor would be somewhere between $150 to $350. Buy the stripes online $50 but beware, mess up and you have to re-order ($). Make the stripes in-house and you can reprint over and over at minimal cost.

Example - Customers 2001 F150 was in an accident. Body shop repaired the bed and repainted. Decal is missing. We replicated the decal similar to what was on the other side (simple Silver Metallic vinyl) for around $80, no problem, customer happy. Just for giggles I googled for the same decal and found A PAIR for $11.99 and could have been easily applied by any 10yr old.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
...3m IJ180.

Yep ,we use IJ180 with an overlaminate on all our vehicle wraps but we can't print metallic. Color match can be a pia too. If it's simple straight one color stripes, I agree, buy the vinyl, cut as needed and have at it. There are some high quality stripe kits out there though. just gotta dig.