Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does a Roland VP 540 Tell you when an ink

Discussion in 'Roland' started by EbsWeb5150, Feb 4, 2011.

1. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    cartridge is empty. On the machine it shows the black ink cartridge as having zero bars left BUT yet it is still printing black. I thought once there weren't any bars left the ink cartridge was empty. Does a VP 540 ever forget to tell you its out of ink. Maybe I'm to over concerned.

Tags:
  2. Jim Schneck

Jim Schneck Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    It will stop printing beep at you when the inks out. Put in the new cart and go!

3. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    it has not beeped at me yet

all long as it stop printing. As long as it lets me know.

4. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    don't go by the ink bars in versa works, thats just an estimate. the machine will give you a beeping sound and on the screen on the printer panel it will tell you which ink bank needs changing. what i do is have a color ready that you see in versa thats going to be empty and then have it ready near the printer so i can change it over immediatly the machine beeps. reasone being you don't want any color changes in the print as it drys.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I love my subtanks =)

6. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I would guess it takes about 15 seconds for me to get to the printer, grab a cartridge, take it out of the plastic, give it a very gentle shake, and swap them out. If the print has a dark background, there will be a noticeable band due to the different drying rates, I just don't think it's avoidable. Light colors seem ok though.