• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anybody have a creative way of recycling all the backing paper we throw away?

TommyFastLane

We trash a hugh amount of backing paper from the Lam to the Dital Print and would like to know if and how anybody reuses it.

Mosh

We run all of our backing paper through a confetty shredder. We bag it and Guys that run the UPS store come and get it for shipping packing. You would be amazed how much less trash we have.

It has silicone on it so it can't be recycled like normal paper.

SAS

We trash a hugh amount of backing paper from the Lam to the Dital Print and would like to know if and how anybody reuses it.

I keep a few rolls around to put on the table or floor when I'm painting. I wrap my 4x8's that have beed printed in it, to keep them from getting messed up. All the other goes in the trash.

drive

We run all of our backing paper through a confetty shredder. We bag it and Guys that run the UPS store come and get it for shipping packing. You would be amazed how much less trash we have.

It has silicone on it so it can't be recycled like normal paper.

I'll have to check into that one mosh :) otherwise we use it to protect unlaminated / flatbed signs when packaging and stacking them up. That and covering work tables when finishing double-sided banners and such.

gabagoo

I just roll them up and keep sliding more and more of them into the roll untill its crammed then toss them out. We try to use it for packaging, but there's way more produced than we can possibly use

MikePro

print/draw mounting patterns on the back for putting letters/signs on a wall.
the clear stuff is just thrown away when my roll fills up

TommyFastLane

Great idea Mosh! Well the word i used was creative but the better word would have benn "profitable" All great posts guys! I think the backing paper that the kids could draw on will be a great sales tool in landing elementary schools and daycares huh.

WOW! THANKS!

CheapVehicleWrap

packing paper. temporary clean spots on benches or floor. big downhill slides (douse body with cooking oil first). When someone wants a cheaper price, turn over and draw them the finished product. Efficiently filling up someone else's dumpster. Creating quick temporary slip and fall spots.

dj_elite

Use the paper side to draw out templates before cutting it out of vinyl. I did that on a mustang I put custom matte vinyl stripes on. Put a pen/marker in my plotter and drawn it on the paper to make sure the fitment was good

WB

We either use large rolls for backing when laminating or we wrap outgoing jobs in it.. We only throw anyway the smaller pieces

adkmaid

after i take a header on the stuff at least three times?, chevy chase moments ugh. teenagers love to make big slip and slides from it, laugh riot especially with oil. mostly little kids like to color on it but bigger kids like to do big banners on it for their pep rallies. after looking at some of their work i am thankful none of them want to come work with me

weaselboogie

If I ever have to deliver any panels that have been painted, I'll wrap them silicone side against the paint to prevent it from sticking to anything else.