• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anybody have a vinyl slitter?

RRP_Jac

I have a 24 inch roll of Oracal 651 I need cut down to 6 inch sections. Willing to pay can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i would assume that can be done with a chop saw with a fine tooth blade, after wrapping the roll with several layers of tape

Old Timer

In my area I have a company called Kraft wrap which makes and cut rolls of kraft and butcher paper. I used to take 54" rolls of vinyl and have them cut into various widths. precise and economical. check in your area and see if you can locate a converter

myront

CorelDRAW is best
laminator take-up reel with homemade clamp on box cutter slicer. Works like a champ. Also used to trim off excess laminate from edge of rolled prints.

InstantOneMedia

We used to use a 96 tooth blade with our chop saw, but found an 8 tooth hardy board blade works much better and gives a cleaner cut.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Any chance you could share a picture of this setup?

I had our print/laminating tech walk me thru the process. It's not as user friendly as I thought. Seems you have to physically hold the apparatus in place braced against wherever you set the position of the roll bump stop.

upload_2019-6-26_8-19-48.png