• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anybody have bumper Mustang vector

vinylbarry

Hello,
I am getting ready to install some cast vinyl in the letters on a mustang bumper does anybody have this already worked out in a vector or eps that I may use or Purchase from you this would be a timesaver for me if not I will be doing it trial and error until I get the right size:wine-smi: :wine-smi: :wine-smi: .

Thanks for your help in advance.
Barry

gvgraphics

There is a no sharing files policy on the board so the chances of some one giving it to you is slim. The best thing I can say is measure the over all length and hight and scale your text to that. That is probably the best way to do it.

Just my $0.02

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I thought policy was not sharing of copyrighted materials.

Since this forum has no way to determined who owns what copyrighting on any particular file, the policy is global. File sharing and requesting files is against forum policy. Directing someone to where they can obtain a legal version is encouraged.

gvgraphics

That is true, but the word Mustang in their text is a brand name product from Ford and also part of the Mustang logo, which makes it a legal copyright of Ford. There for it is copyrighted and against site policy.

Hope this helps.

I wrote this to Jim, Freds post came up while I was wrighting it.

vinylbarry

Ok sorry but not meaning to be a :software or anything just thought I could purchase or be pointed in the direction to obtain a legal version of this putting the vinyl in the bumper of the word mustang I did not believe is illegal since the word mustang is general it is used for horses and other forms in public use.
Correct me if im wrong fred please i thought filling in the word mustang with vinyl is not really copying anything is it????
I can do this myself by sizing it but just thought to see if there was a version already out there.

Ok chime in.
Thanks Barry

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ok sorry but not meaning to be a :software or anything just thought I could purchase or be pointed in the direction to obtain a legal version of this putting the vinyl in the bumper of the word mustang I did not believe is illegal since the word mustang is general it is used for horses and other forms in public use.
Correct me if im wrong fred please i thought filling in the word mustang with vinyl is not really copying anything is it????
I can do this myself by sizing it but just thought to see if there was a version already out there.

Ok chime in.
Thanks Barry

I feel certain that Ford has got themselves covered as to the word Mustang as it applies to automobiles and I'm not arguing that. You might find an unauthorized version at Brands of the World or in one of the unauthorized logo collections you see for sale here and there. In which case you are using someone's copyrighted material to which they have no claim other than their own digitizing and to which there is clearly no right to claim.

The inlay for the letters Ford puts on bumpers is not something that I have ever seen available anywhere because it differs from the same letters used for other purposes. It is entirely possible that any number of members here may have created one from a rubbing or by other means. That has two problems with it:

• There is no guarantee that the version done for any particular year Mustang will fit all years and it is likely that it will not.
  • Such a data file clearly infringes on Ford's rights and this forum cannot and will not put itself at risk by facilitating the transfer of such files.
There is no judgment going on here. If you want to do somebody's bumper, that's your call. Many of us do it or similar from time to time. I am simply protecting the Signs 101 community who could be harmed by allowing open file sharing of trademarked and/or copyrighted material.

imaSIGNr

Vinylbarry....The FORD logo does change on so many models and from year to year. It is so basic though. If you had a photo of pic from a mag. Almost anything you could create it from basic shapes and bezier tool.

vinylbarry

Ok thanks fred
Now another question from your reply does that mean that doing the letters would be considerd copyright infringing?????????

I really do not want to do any of that for sure have way to much to lose so could you be so nice as to clarify that for me

???????????????????
So is putting vinyl in the letters on the rear bumper of a certain brand car or any brand car for that matter illegal????????
The guy wants me to do it tuesday and if it is ilegal I am no way touching that.
thanks Barry:wine-smi: :wine-smi: :wine-smi: keeping up with this stuff will drive you to drinking.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Technically ... splitting hairs ... yes it's an infringement. Do it 1000 times and you might get a cease and desist letter.

Realistically, you're only filling in a color ... not creating a replica of a trademarked logo. Using a computer is what complicates it. If you hand cut the vinyl or brushed in the paint, I doubt there is any infringement.

Creating a digital file and distributing it to others for free or for fee is what might get someone at Ford on your case.

I hope that's clear. It's a complicated thing.

Pro Image

I got mine from Dave Dorsey at Auroa Graphics...............It came with one of his stripe CD.............I have used them in all model years with a little resizing............

You might contact Dave and see .........................

chopper

vinylbarry the best thing to do in your situation would be to take a piece of paper and trace the incert with a pencil scan it load it and vectorize it your self, but the easiest way would be to just grab a brush and paint it with one shot ...//chopper