• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anybody recognize this display photo?

Pat Whatley

I found this display, sent the picture to a client, bookmarked it and forgot about it. Now four months later they called and are ready to order it, Problem is the computer with the bookmarked crashed and I have no idea where to find it.

The reason I'm looking for this exact photo is that the site I found it on offered these for around $350. The customer is going to be using them as almost a "disposable" product so "CHEAP" was the key.

Anybody seen it?

Attachments

• backdrop.jpg
    backdrop.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 68

Pat Whatley

OKAY, HERE'S THE REVIEW!

Got the display in today and I'm impressed as heck with it. The framework is springloaded and the rest just snaps together. We've never used one of these displays and we figured the whole thing out in about three minutes. Once we get the panels lettered I'm seeing it take the customer less than five minutes from unzipping the case to finished.

We got the curved display model and it's as sturdy as much more expensive displays we've used.

The lights just clip onto the frame. I'd like to have seen a little better of an clip system for the lights. What's there is simple and looks strong enough, but I believe in over construction. That really the only improvement I could ask for and it's a minor complaint.

The included panels are styrene. Not the best material, by any means, but since we're covering them with laminated prints I think they'll work just fine. If not substituting 2mm PVC for them would be pretty cheap.

The case is pretty heavy nylon with wheels and a handle to make it really easy to carry in. The case has two layers of nylon with a (cardboard?) core between them to make them rigid. It's build like most nylon luggage. There's plenty of extra room in the case so repacking it won't be a pain in the ass. There was an optional hard case available but I'm happy with this one.

All in all I'm sure my customer is gonna be tickled pink with this thing. I'm going to order another one as a display model for the shop.

Malkin

That is a great price.

I had a customer who ordered a unit like just like this (though with preprinted panels) and wanted me to devise a way to attach acrylic letters to it. yeah.....

I ended up mounting the letters to clear acrylic, and rigging something up for it to hang in front.

vinylbarry

Cool I got a client interested in one so thanks for the review. May ask what you marked it up and how much was shipping on that thing.
Thanks Barry