• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone else get waste o'time emails?

J

john1

Hey everyone, I'm sure I'm not the only one but i feel like it. I get emails from people who have no intentions of buying or people who have shops but want me to wholesale printing to them. Then i don't hear back for days and days and they say after a follow up email "i found someone else who quotes considerably less"

I just get so frustrated when people waste others time, Whatever happened to getting to know a shop and doing business with them because they take care of you and can add value to your business?

:covereyes:

CheapVehicleWrap

When you say "considerably less", do you mean CHEAP? I feel your pain. It took me MANY years to truly understand that most people snck. I could never do all the work I get inquires for anyway. And having to not accept a job feels great every time it happens. NEXT!

In fact I have 1 website I would NEVER accept a job from when someone inquires. I'm even thinking of opening up the database so others wouldn't waste time with them either.

iSign

When you say "considerably less", do you mean CHEAP? I feel your pain. It took me MANY years to truly understand that most people snck. I could never do all the work I get inquires for anyway. And having to not accept a job feels great every time it happens. NEXT!

In fact I have 1 website I would NEVER accept a job from when someone inquires. I'm even thinking of opening up the database so others wouldn't waste time with them either.

you should collect 1 or 2 "rant" tirades from EVERY sign person who ever got pissed off by CHEAP mo'fo tire kicker's... and build those documents into an arsenal of non-solicitations, from non-vendors... specifically targeting non-spenders... to non-spam them with a weekly auto-send broadcast of an unending assortment of colorful, bitter yet reasoned retorts to their proven penny pinching personalities...

CheapVehicleWrap

ohh Doug...I'm always open to feeback and suggestions, especially yours. Man "Word warrior" fits you to a tee.. I'm getting the gist but going back to read that one for the fourth time to extract the gold from it.

-Wherever there's a need, we'll foil it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We get some - I always give them the benefit of the doubt though. You never know who might actually be willing to hear your pitch with an open ear and be willing to spend a little to have something done.

The below snippet was from a recent email though - it made me laugh pretty good - he was bummed that his wrap was falling apart and separating. This particular one - I did not think he would be willing to spend what I was going to charge for the removal and glue cleanup, then spend $12+ per SF for decent material properly applied. He did not reply after we emailed him back.... lol

"Currently the doors, grill, and a few interior pieces are wrapped with a digital camo duct tape."

TheSnowman

We tend to get them from the same people several times a year. If it's something standard and easy to quote, I'll quote it...but sometimes it's all custom and I know it's about bottom dollar and I'm not the cheapest, so I won't even waste my time quoting it. Have several like that that have never once placed an order in like 10 quotes.