• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone else have a Mimaki cutter that is a POS?

speedmedia

Man I am simply trying to cut 4 12' runs and I cannot get this wreck to track out that long. It is pretty sad. I have replaced pinch rollers in it a cleaned off any debris on the roller. I am getting ready to roll it out in the middle of the highway!

Anyone have any ideas? I need to cut this today. I swear this thing only does this when it knows I am in a pinch...lol

Thanks,
Kurt

signswi

As a rule we simply don't cut any run longer than 4' on our CG-160FX. If we have to go longer we add a ton of bleed to compensate, and any time we can do a job in cut vinyl alone (not printed) we use a Gerber enVision.

JERHEMI

When you load in the media try slowing down the speed when it goes to find the registration marks. I was having the same issue a while ago and I slowed it down and it works fine now.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
For long pieces I will use an empty 3" cardboard core and then roll up the media.Let the core and roller guides do the work instead of trying to align it by eye under the pinch rollers. If all goes well and you don't try to manually align it, it should be straight when you insert it.

TheSnowman

I have the same problem...it used to only be with long runs...now I can't do it with a 6" run. The first one cuts close enough to use, and by the time it's to the 2nd - 4th 6" graphic I'm just trying to cut a CIRCLE around, the thing isn't even close, and I throw half the job away. It's all I've ever known. You mean there's plotters that will actually CUT WHERE YOU TELL THEM!? NO!

I just cut 6 14foot pieces last week on my CG75 and it worked great.
You sure you have enough pressure on the rollers, lined up vinyl good, etc.?

TheSnowman

Mine is a CG-130FX, and it's never cut right on printed contour cuts, and when I cut regular vinyl, it has never cut well enough that I could just pull and weed things like I always could on my old gerber. I've just accepted it and delt with it the last 3+ years.