• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have any feedback on the EFI H1625?

gmarshall

We are looking at this model and like the overall image quality but we are curious if anyone has any experiences with it positive or negative.

Thanks

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
I don't have one but was looking at them. I talked with a couple of other FASTSIGNS who have them and they love them! This would be my choice for a hybrid for sure!

FatCat

Curious if either of you have been given a price on this machine? Can't seem to find anything online...

gmarshall

Thanks for the feedback

I don't have one but was looking at them. I talked with a couple of other FASTSIGNS who have them and they love them! This would be my choice for a hybrid for sure!
It appears not too many folks have any experience with this machine. I know that HP is trying to tell me why it is not a good machine but quite honestly I felt the image quality was significantly better on the EFI.

gmarshall

Still negotiating numbers

Curious if either of you have been given a price on this machine? Can't seem to find anything online...
We are still negotiating but I am hoping to get a number that makes it easy for me to pull the trigger.

brainbucket

I took delivery of an H1625 in October. I bought the machine for a pretty large specific job, and it was in the correct price range and fit the bill. I purchased from Nazdar as they have a facility near me. To be completely honest I have had quite a few issues with my machine. I am using the POP ink set, but I don't think that is what is causing my issues. I don't use the machine all day everyday, which could be causing some of my issues. We do print quite a bit of white ink projects which I love that option. I also don't know if having Nazdar Tech support as opposed to EFI direct is a problem or not, but some of the issues I'm having seem to be software related. The reason I'm on this site right now is to see if anyone else is having similar issues, but I just printed a 8'x4' polymetal sign direct to substrate and about 75% through the print I got a "Failed to write to USB board" error, which isn't uncommon. So now I have a $60 sheet of material that I'm going to have to shelve until I have a project where the back doesn't matter. And that isn't counting my time or the ink. Make a stack of boards like that and it can get pretty frustrating. Luckily we're still within our one year warranty so hopefully I can get something resolved, but I can't see forking over the $14,000 for the additional one year warranty once this one is up.

We've been through one magenta head and one white head so far, and at $5000 a pop for a tech to replace them once we're out of warranty I think the maintenance costs are going to kill me. I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I'm not super pumped on the machine as a whole at this moment.

Generally speaking, I really like the print quality when all the nozzles are firing and things are rocking. It is decently quick for a good image. The white coverage is good. I have gone through a LOT of waste ink, saving nozzles and flushing heads. I have a 25 gallon of waste material I'm waiting to be rid of. That is a lot of dollars in ink down the literal drain. Now that might be standard issue with UV machines, I can't speak to that. This is my first UV machine. I'm used to an HP 26500 that is pretty bulletproof and produces nice prints consistently and has very little waste and maintenance costs.

If you'd like more details or have any questions feel free to PM me.