• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Does anyone have instructions to replace the dampers on a Roland TrueVis VG 540 ? Thanks

SIGNDZYN

Need help! Looking for instruction on replacing the dampers on the Roland TrueVis VG540
Thanks, Any help would be great !!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Are you using the TR2 inks? If so, then you'll need a technician to come in to do it, as you cannot access the service menu.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
My first question would be why do you need to replace the damper? We've found that they're pretty stable unless the damper fill arm gets messed up. There isn't a filter screen in it so it shouldn't clog up. But if you need to, service mode isn't necessary. And this is at your own risk. The biggest (not the only) liability would be getting ink where it doesn't belong.
Just remove the ink line(s) on top of the damper - be ready with a rag or paper towel to catch any drips - and use a syringe to pull the ink out of the head and damper. The damper is held on with a clip in front and a similar clip in back. Pop these clips off and the damper is free. Make sure that the top of the print head is clean (lint free cloth or cleaning swab works here) and replace the damper by pressing down firmly till both clips catch.
Then run a couple of damper fill routines and you should be good to go.

Good luck