• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have this?

PROBIRD

Been looking for some stripes for the wifes 67 camaro in carbon fiber but no one sells them, anyone have or know where i might find a template for them.

The 67 camaro had a stripe that wrapped around the front fenders and nose area.

Thanks in advance

SignosaurusRex

Been looking for some stripes for the wifes 67 camaro in carbon fiber but no one sells them, anyone have or know where i might find a template for them.

The 67 camaro had a stripe that wrapped around the front fenders and nose area.

Thanks in advance

Are you referring to this nose band? If not...a picture would be helpful. If so...I think you will have to make your own template by taking a rubbing from a vehicle with an existing decal.

Attachments

• 67camaroconvertible.jpg
    67camaroconvertible.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 65

SignosaurusRex

Use knifeless tape to layout your stripes.... cover in vinyl, "cut" out the stripes :)

...with Carbon Fiber film? CF is a thicker material and has a pattern "grain" to it. If one wants to go this route, I'd suggest some serious experimenting first so as not to wind up with an unacceptable edge quality. A '67 Camaro is not something you just throw down some tape and film on and see what happens.

showcase 66

...with Carbon Fiber film? CF is a thicker material and has a pattern "grain" to it. If one wants to go this route, I'd suggest some serious experimenting first so as not to wind up with an unacceptable edge quality. A '67 Camaro is not something you just throw down some tape and film on and see what happens.

Watched 3m use the knifeless tape with dinoc at the show in vegas last year. Someone was asking if it would work and the seemed not to have any problems with it. I have not tried it personally but looked easy enough.

SignosaurusRex

Watched 3m use the knifeless tape with dinoc at the show in vegas last year. Someone was asking if it would work and the seemed not to have any problems with it. I have not tried it personally but looked easy enough.

I'll take your word for it...but I won't bank on it until I KNOW for myself.:wink:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

Does carbon fiber really belong on the nose of a 67 Camaro????

JoshLoring

Knifeless rips carbon fiber fine. I've used it myself to do so.
Last year in New Orleans I watched the Knifeless guys rip through triple layered carbon just to show they could!